Firestarters

I have never sold and was wondering what others charge also. I only made them for myself last winter. Do you use fresh wax and scent? I just use old wax from melts that I have used and candle wax that is left in the bottom of containers.

You use them to make a fire in your fireplace. I make mine with pinecones and use wicks ends that I have left from my candles. I put maybe half or less of a pinecone and lint from my dryer in little cupcake papers and put 2-3 wicks and pour old wax in and fill cupcake paper, I use a cupcake pan to sit them in. Then just just one or two to make a fire. I also have used egg cartons and just break them in half once they have cooled. I cheaper way to start a fire rather than buying those logs from the store.H

I recently saw a different kind of fire starter made by a candle shop. They were made of wax mixed with sawdust and poured into those paper restaurant cups used for ketchup in the old days, so you just light the rim of the paper cup. But, they were packaged in a tall black metal tinder box with a hinged lid with a latch, and they stacked a lot of the fire starters in those metal boxes and sold them by the boxful.

Edited by HorsescentS

I'm getting ready to make my first batch of firestarters. I'm using the cedar chip pet bedding that you get from walmart, and I think I am going to pour into my Dixie cups that I use for fo, or into a muffin pan, I haven't decided yet. I'm not selling mine though, I'm making them for my in laws because they heat with wood.