ICS Caramel Nut Cluster

Holly

I notice that is says reformulated by the Caramel Nut Cluster on their site. Since I was closed for two years, I cannot remember if that has been on there for awhile, or if it was recently reformuated. I think I remember it being reformulated awhile ago but not sure. Is this a new reformulation or an old one? I think the fragrance I have left may be after the reformulation I remember them doing....not sure if i am remembering correctly. Thanks!

Edited by Holly

I hope it is ok that I hop in here and ask a question about this particular oil...would this oil be considered a "heavy" oil? I ask because I made some sample tarts with this only a few days ago and not only did it take forever to get it to mix in with the wax, but once I poured the wax and FO mixture into my portion cups, it appears that the oil sunk to the bottom of the cups (this is very easy to see as I left the wax uncolored and the oil is super dark). I did mix it quite well - two minutes or more- and I know the wax was pretty cool when poured because I work with such a small amount of wax at a time that it cools rather quickly. Anywho...has anyone else had any trouble with this oil sinking? For tarts I guess that would be be too big of a deal because they are just melted, but I would think this would be an issue for candles...right?

I hope it is ok that I hop in here and ask a question about this particular oil...would this oil be considered a "heavy" oil? I ask because I made some sample tarts with this only a few days ago and not only did it take forever to get it to mix in with the wax, but once I poured the wax and FO mixture into my portion cups, it appears that the oil sunk to the bottom of the cups (this is very easy to see as I left the wax uncolored and the oil is super dark). I did mix it quite well - two minutes or more- and I know the wax was pretty cool when poured because I work with such a small amount of wax at a time that it cools rather quickly. Anywho...has anyone else had any trouble with this oil sinking? For tarts I guess that would be be too big of a deal because they are just melted, but I would think this would be an issue for candles...right?

It is not quite as heavy as it was when Snowtop had it, but I still find it heavier than most. It may depend on the wax being used as well. I find that heavier oils mix better in soy than paraffin blends (pure paraffin). With the heavier oils, I usually mix it in at a higher temp and I keep it in the presto pot for while I begin to stir. I have to stir it a little longer than most oils if I remember correctly. I don't recall how much trouble I had mixing it since I just reopened and only made it once in tarts so far. It was not as hard as The Scented Beans Cinnamon Stick (sure wish I can find a Cinnamon Stick as good as this one). I have one CNC tart in a souffle cup (solo cup instead of the Dart cups that I now use) sitting on the shelf and there is no oil at the bottom or residue.....it is in a para/soy wax (more paraffin than soy though but can hold a lot of oil). Are you using paraffin? I do find it on the darker side as well....makes the non colored tart on the light tan side.

Edited by Holly

I don't know what some suppliers are cutting their oils with but I bought a number of pound bottles from a supplier that totally separate and have no ht/ct. The oil is heavy and drops to the bottom and refuses to incorporate with the wax. I look at those bottles everyday and wonder why anyone would sell such a sorry product. We shouldn't have to work our butts off to force a product to work right. If a supplier got a lousy batch of fragrance and had to doctor it up to make it half-way work; well that is just plain wrong on both their parts. The little guy has even less of a chance of passing the mistake foward to customers and personally I don't.

Thanks, I feel better now.

Steve