Anyone patient enough to answer why there is a Bittercreek North AND South?

justajesuschick

I have heard about that "fee" , and personally, I have a huge problem with that whole set up.

While I do see the merits of being able to get your order faster, ponder this.

You make an order, it comes in at a time where there is a lot of orders coming in. Big and small.

Someone ( quite a few ) are in fast need of their supplies and pay that fee.

But because YOU didn't pay it, those 20 or so that paid it , get kicked up ahead of you even though your order actually came in at the same time or even before theirs.

Your order now is kicked back, it's a Thursday, they don't get it all filled Friday or whatever day, you have two days before they are open again , then comes Monday, they're still shipping out the "fee paid" expediated orders, so it's Tuesday before yours gets filled (if then) , then it takes 5 or so days in shipping.

I do realize that the above scenario could be somewhat far fetched, but considering their normal "fill "time, then shipping time, what I said up there could very easily happen,... and I personally just don't like that idea.

I totally hear what you are saying and agree. I found out about it by accident years back when I called in for one reason or another. Sometimes I'd use it...sometimes not. I don't think your scenario is far fetched at all. However, I have no clue how many people use the feature which could cause others who ordered the usual way to possibly end up getting pushed back farther.

I rarely place orders there anymore. CS gets the stuff to me in less time for less money. I usually use Peak b/c I seem to do better with their FOs. Shipping from Peak is about the same or a dollar or two more to get here in the same amount of time as BCN.

Does BCS have this "fee"? I have never seen this before on their site. They ship very quickly for me and are the same distance away as BCN.

I've never ordered from BCS. Also, don't think BCN has the feature on its site but could be wrong. As mentioned, I found out about it accidentally when I called an order in for a reason I don't remember anymore.

What I don't understand is why they didn't just merge and become a super company "BitterCreek Candle Co" with twice the scents and twice the customers. Seems like a good strategy on paper. Expose your current customers to new scents, and gain more in the process. Not to mention the fact that "super suppliers" are few and far between. The ability to order from a one stop candle shop has massive appeal to me...I'm sure it does to other as well.

In a way, they kindof already do this. But, why not make it official!?

Edited by rctfavr3

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on BCN shipping....I am steamed. I placed my order on Friday 10/19 at 8:15 am. They charged my card on Monday 10/22. As of today so far, it still has not shipped.

If these FOs are not extremely good, I am done with them. Peak would be arriving at my door today if I'd ordered from them on Friday. CS would be here already. Both multi states away where BCN is instate.

Just an update on BCN shipping....I am steamed. I placed my order on Friday 10/19 at 8:15 am. They charged my card on Monday 10/22. As of today so far, it still has not shipped.

If these FOs are not extremely good, I am done with them. Peak would be arriving at my door today if I'd ordered from them on Friday. CS would be here already. Both multi states away where BCN is instate.

That seems weird. Are they having a problem filling the order? I order from them and I know I am only 3 hours south of them I usually have my orders the next day after shipping. I have never had to wait a week for them to complete the order before shipping but it has taken a couple days.

That seems weird. Are they having a problem filling the order? I order from them and I know I am only 3 hours south of them I usually have my orders the next day after shipping. I have never had to wait a week for them to complete the order before shipping but it has taken a couple days.

I've always had delayed shipping with them unless I called in and paid extra $ to have my order processed/shipped faster. I'm about 8 hours away SE of them in Brookfield (west of Milwaukee).

I wonder if it goes on priority of how often the person buys product? That does sound quite bizarre though....lol.

I rarely order from them anymore but wanted their Pumpkin and a few others.

@Noodle. Thanks for the info on BCS. If they carry the same FOs that I do eventually receive and like a lot, I will pay the little extra shipping costs to get them here in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm not surprized. When I have to order from them, I count on it being at least a week no matter what time of year it is... suppose the next couple months I better order now if I'm going to need it for xmas stuff. The things I get there I like, but it is always always a loooonnnggg wait for me.

No shipping today either. Provided it goes out tomorrow it will be 5 business days from placing early morning order to time it left their warehouse + shipping time.

I knew they were slow but this is the worst I've ever experienced. Should of just called in and paid the $ to be put in front of the line. That is so unfair to those who didn't pay extra though or don't even know about it. Am not even sure if they still have that feature since its been at least a year since I ordered or ordered that way.

I really bad for all of you out of WI that have to wait for shipping time too. Must plan way ahead if ordering, I guess. Mine was totally impulse after reading about the awesome Pumpkin Pie. Of course, had to add a few extra FOs to the cart.

FO arrival patience is not a virtue I possess.

@BTA:

DAYM
That is mild compared to what came out of my mouth today :) Edited by jeanie353
additional

I hear ya Jeanie. I placed an order a while back for a measley single bottle of FO and decided to pay for USPS priority instead of UPS, thinking that priority mail is 2-3 day max. Well, let me tell you I was wrong. It took either 4 or 5 days for the order to be completed and then another 7 days for priority mail shipping time. What in the heck kind of priority mail service does USPS offer that takes 7 days?! I spouted a few choice words myself while I was waiting for that package to arrive. Unfortunately BCN carries a few oils that I can not find elsewhere so now when I place an order, I give myself plenty of time and I dont hold my breath while I am waiting.

I really do wish they would improve their shipping time and the shipping estimator in their cart. My shipping is always higher on my invoice and they also charge a couple of bucks for insurance too.:undecided ??? Because of them I have trust issues with shipping estimates LOL and I always email a new company before placing an order to verify the shipping reflected in my cart.:rolleyes2 I do love some of BCN's oils (but I've learned to live without them for now) and I've always bought my CD wicks there back from when I first started b/c they're awesome. I didn't feel like messing around with all the disappointment this time though (or calling in to check) so I ordered some CDs (and a few FO samples, I couldn't resist :grin2:) from The Candlemaker's Store. I placed the order this morning and had a shipping notice, USPS Priority no less, by lunchtime. I hope they are good, consistent quality wicks b/c then I will be completely weaned from BCN. If they could improve the above two things though, I would order again in a heartbeat.

I really do wish they would improve their shipping time and the shipping estimator in their cart. My shipping is always higher on my invoice and they also charge a couple of bucks for insurance too.:undecided ??? Because of them I have trust issues with shipping estimates LOL and I always email a new company before placing an order to verify the shipping reflected in my cart.:rolleyes2 I do love some of BCN's oils (but I've learned to live without them for now) and I've always bought my CD wicks there back from when I first started b/c they're awesome. I didn't feel like messing around with all the disappointment this time though (or calling in to check) so I ordered some CDs (and a few FO samples, I couldn't resist :grin2:) from The Candlemaker's Store. I placed the order this morning and had a shipping notice, USPS Priority no less, by lunchtime. I hope they are good, consistent quality wicks b/c then I will be completely weaned from BCN. If they could improve the above two things though, I would order again in a heartbeat.

I totally agree with you on the shipping estimates. It's ridiculous. I have been ordering from them for years and majority of the time my actual shipping would be same or LESS than the estimate at checkout. But the last two orders have been much HIGHER than what the checkout estimator stated which is a shock when you budget X amount if dollars and then you get the charge notice and its much more! I was totally screwed on my last order where the estimator stated a reasonable price for what I was ordering but then WHAM they slammed me with a huge cost because they put my order into two boxes! The shipping cost for that totally blew my costs out of the water! Almost doubled my shipping cost! Then another order was 16 lbs. total weight but yet my shipping was MORE than they charged me to ship a 50lb box if wax! How does that work? 16 lbs cost more than 50??? It's getting ridiculous and they need to do something about that estimator!

What I don't understand is how BCN and BCS are so different. The two companies are night and day. BCN has more sales that BCS, but most of the time it is just not worth it to order from BCN. My shipping from BCN has always been beyond reasonable. This is why I have stuck with them. However, I never order from them when I am in a pinch. It just takes too long.

I am pleased to report the FOs arrived by surprise today.

Didn't get a shipping notice but I'm fine with that now that they are here :)

The WyW Perfect Pumpkin (and others) are in testers ready to burn tomorrow. It is rich and creamy in hot wax with very little spice to my nose.

I do think this is going to be a good one.