What are your favourite/most loved jars?

QTsmum

I am willing to invest is some good quality jars. It's a bit tougher being in Canada, in that they are harder to come by and you have to give your first born to cover shipping costs, but I would really love to have pretty jarred candles.

I'm far, FAR from being a seller, but I want to keep my eyes open for deals, just in case we should get so lucky! :cool2: What do you love? What do you have customers comment on? Is a lid necessary? (could you cover it with fabric and ribbon to pretty it up and allow smellability whilst keeping your candle 'fresh'?)

I just have jelly jars and some cheap hex jars that were on clearance, not all that thrilling.

So, yeah...which jars do you dream about in your sleep?

I really love the square Victorian jars, they are so classy. However my candle tests didn't fare well as the small neck seems to trap the scent throw. I do use the small ones for spice jars and the husband promises to make a spice rack to fit them. We'll see on that one, I'm not holding my breath.

I love the quilted crystal Ball jelly jar, when the flame burns through the facets it is really pretty, however I don't like the threads at the top. For me the perfect jar would be a quilted crystal jar that is 3-inches in diameter and 3 1/2-inches high with no lid threads. Kind of like a Waterford whiskey tumbler, but considerably cheaper. :)

In the real world I live with the plain tumblers, small and large and when I'm really in the mood I paint them seasonally and then fill with white or light colored wax. Scented of course.