Disappointed

chuck_35550

Whew , Im glad there are some that still seem to be the same. I agree most CS oils seem unchanged to me too. I just got these in today and This Version Smells Like the classic more than the newer one I was used to.The Cranberry Orange Spice Ive used for years and this time is not the same even side by side both are totally different .Kathy said she will check with the manufactures to see if they changed anything. Maybe its a very recent issue.

I went by BBW to smell the White Barn fall candles and found most of them bland and poorly balanced and thought maybe I have advanced candle nose. Then I picked up a Colonial candle at the drug store (Coconut Rain)...Oh my goodness what a beautifully true toasted coconut with some soft note that beautifully rounded out the fragrance and all in a Ct that knocked my socks off! My nose is fine; its just a very refined nose that recognizes a well formulated fragrance. Come on perfumers and quit handing us this junk.

( This is said, half way joking and is NOT meant to offend any supplier at all.. it's just me being in a smartazz mood lol )

Sometimes I wonder if the Big Boys have somehow paid off the powers that be in the FO industry, to change the regulations, to where suppliers have had to change their formulations, because some of yall were getting SO good and SO big, you were competition to them ( Yankmess and others ) LOL

Again, to the suppliers who read this, it's not directed at you !

I spoke to a fragrance house today ( I am looking to purchase fragrance codes that work in cold process soap) anyway, what was interesting was the fact the fragrance house said that yes some suppliers do water down (not with water of course) the fragrances before selling to us, she said that not all of them do so but some of them do in order to stretch the oils and to bring the costs down lower.

I thought it was an urban myth but it has just been confirmed by a fragrance house and I believe her.

Just wanted to FYI . I heard from Kathy today from ICS. She said she ordered a new batch of her newer version of cinnamon buns and it should be back to normal. I'm super happy to hear this as there was such a difference in smell, burn and HT. So if any have tried this and given up, hopefully it was a manufacter error with this recent batch.

Also.. I mentioned Cade's cove from ss seemed different oob, once I got it in wax it was the same, so please disregard that statement :)

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of an update, now that its been weeks since I poured these testers. I have Ultimate Pumpkin Cheesecake burning in my office and its very light and at best a cinnamon and not much else. The Bear Claws is kind of strong for a room but not in a good way, just a burnt sugar kind of fragrance but no one has ever said they smell like bear claws or pumpkin cheesecake. The Gourmet Sugar Cookie, I like but nobody else does. It is light and has a play dough kind of smell but at times I kind of get it and its ok. The Cafe Vienna is a kick butt ct with mostly a coffee, the Zuke Bread reminds me of ky and its not much alone but would be fine with some apple or something else kind of fruity. I think the coffee fragrances are going to be the best bet but I did get some compiments on the mixed Vanilla Hazelnut/Mocha. I haven't tried any of the other ones and probably won't bother; as I have MW Royale Sugar Cookie coming and some other touted fos. HTH

Steve

I do love NG and ICS. I have ordered dozens of scent samples, and some I never tested but the ones I have brought into my line have stayed strong and true.

I'm not having any issue with ICS spiced cranberry orange or cinnamon buns (original)

Sometimes I get spoiled on strong fragrances like MW Harvest Moon....and nothing can match that strength. ALL ICS coffee fragrances rock.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: the caramelized Pralines is really kicking butt and there's good distinction on the nutty notes. Very nice. Bear Claws has developed nicely and the mocha hazelnut continues to get better with time. The cinnamon buns was a total disaster and didn't smell like anything close to that and clogged my wick badly. The main problem with these fos are the weak cold throw and that means customers don't buy. They just have to kick butt on both ct/ht for a sale. HTH

Steve