October Festival

PAgirl89

I have found out the local zoo is having an OctoberFest type festival in October. There will be live music, wine & beer tasting, and local food & craft vendors. The organizer told me they had 1300 people attend the festival last year, and they are estimating 1500 people this year. I asked to see a list of craft vendors that are currently going to attend, just out of curiosity. Scentsy is at the top of the list, but there are no other vendors that would be competition for the handmade products I would be selling.

I'm just not sure how much product I should display/have available. It's a 1 day festival, 10am to 4pm.

How many scents? How many candles per scent?

I'm thinking 8 scents, 3 candles per scent. Not enough? And should I take 16oz & 8oz?

Thoughts?

I would take your best Fall Scents whether that be 5 or 8 different ones and maybe stick a year round seller, something clean. I would only take 1 size and take 6 of each. Sure enough if you only take 3 someone will by all three of your best scent and then you won't have any others for people to smell. i would even put an extra case of your best fragrance under the table. If you only take one size take an expmple of the other size and then you can take orders for those. Be sure and takes lots of business cards. Some may not want to buy that day but will call later.

Even with a smaller size show like that one I take 12+ scents and about 4-6 of each scent. For a larger show I may double that. But I don't try to make more than 12-14 scents. Sometimes less is more. But I do take leftover candles from previous seasons and sell them on a seperate riser-- that way I have backup candles and a few more scents.