Whats the Spice in Spiced Pear?

Dana

I would have to say that cinnamon is one of the spices involved in Spiced Pear -- BUT -- I used to have Bert's Fresh Pear. It was super strong and fruity (smelled more like green apple jolly rancher than pear to my nose) so you're probably going to need a variety of spices to tone it down and be able to get that true spiced pear scent. You could start with just adding cinnamon, but just make sure it's the bakery/foody cinnamon and not the candy cinnamon (like red hots). Once you blend those two you may be able to figure out what's missing. It may require even a dash of vanilla to help blend and tone down the scent. You can always try a dash of clove in there too.

You'll have to keep us posted on your progress :) Good Luck!

My friend and I both thought berts Spiced Pear and fresh Pear smelled exactly alike except the Spiced Pear was "calmer" or "smoother", not as tart. So I was thinking possibly Vanilla or Clove. I guess I will just play around a bit and see what I come up with!

My friend and I both thought berts Spiced Pear and fresh Pear smelled exactly alike except the Spiced Pear was "calmer" or "smoother", not as tart. So I was thinking possibly Vanilla or Clove. I guess I will just play around a bit and see what I come up with!

Sweet Basil. Wellington has it (Basil Essential Oil) It's not a spice so much as an herb, but it's smell similar to a heavy vanillin nutmeg smell. I use it when most spices are too sharp on their own or when a blend calls for a little "warmth".

Their Basil fragrance oil is the usual leafy variant, which is more anise-like, bright, and slightly minty. Be sure to use the EO for the sweet spice!

Edited by rctfavr3