Jeanie, ChandlerWicks, Justajesuschick

Ravens

75%-4627/25%-4625 in an 8oz Madison is going well!!! CT & HT are both great!

I'll go straight to a 10 oz container then and skip the tart and votive test. Will try Eco or HTP wicks and pour tomorrow for testing Friday. Will use a CC FO @ .5 oz pp and see how it goes.

Edited by jeanie353

Do you have any Pepper & Port? Htp105 was little too big. Reminded me of the way Yankees burn. Using a HTP93 now, just about perfect so far. Love the way the wick is curved into the side of the flame.

I didn't get any of that scent yet. I think I'll go with 50/50 vanilla voodoo and caramel since I know that blend is a strong thrower.

I thought you'd be using CD wicks for some reason. I'll try CD or Eco but will do one with HTP too since the jar I'm going to use is 3 5/8" wide to see if a 104 or 105 works in it.

Jeanie, are you also using the 4627/4625 blend?

Does the 4625 need a repour? If not, I wonder if I should use it in place of the 4786 (my blend is 4633 and 4786, but needs repours). Thanks!

Yes, I am but the wax isn't here yet. It will be here tomorrow, will pour tomorrow and test Friday.

Initially, I was going to use an apothecary for testing of a different diameter than Chandler but may not now due to possible double wicking that I haven't had much success with.

ETA....Yes, 4625 on its own does need a repour for votive and pillars. It does not in my tart blend b/c I add 50% container wax with it and pour a little cooler.

Edited by jeanie353

• 11 months later...

To bump an old thread and hijack a bit (sorry ladies) but did anyone end up trying that granulated 4627? I'm Canadian and willing to grab a 5 lb'er and give 'er a go! I can't imagine it being true, LOL! How in the world could we have something that the US does not?! I don't' believe it!