Looking for a lid similar to this one

pixie

Good afternoon Sandra,

Please let me know the size of Paper Caps that you would like to have a sample of from us.

I have attached a sheet with the available sizes and pricing.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks again,

Kevin M. Kline

Vice President of Sales and Marketing

Custom Paper Tubes, Inc.

I just received an email from them with a PDF file for cap pricing. 3" caps for 1,000 is $73.00 not including shipping.

Isn't that amazing, same company, different salesman, different answer. Don't think the sales guy I got an email from is going to send me a sample. But the jar I was talking about is from the Dollar Tree store. 1000 for $73. is not bad at all, the cheapest I have bought lids for it $.10 a lid and those days are gone.

ladysj, when you talk to him again, ask how they are shipped? If they are just thrown in a box they might get all bent up.

Edited by Sharon in KY

[quote name=another reply..

I don’t believe that is our cap. The jar doesn’t look familiar. Send me a jar and I will see if we have a cap to fit it.

David Esper/Custom Paper Tubes

Assistant Sales Manager

216-362-2964

www.custompapertubes.com

The pic I posted above is a Dollar Tree jar and the tube in the picture that the lid came from is from Custom Paper Tubes. Can you email him that pic? Maybe he'd recognize the tube and know what size it is. Unless, they have more than one tube with that horse design on it.

Edited by lyncamp

The pic I posted above is a Dollar Tree jar and the tube in the picture that the lid came from is from Custom Paper Tubes. Can you email him that pic? Maybe he'd recognize the tube and know what size it is. Unless, they have more than one tube with that horse design on it.

I will send him that picture and tell him it is from a sample kit someone else got from your company. And she says it fits great. Just sent... so we'll see what he says. Thanks

I will send him that picture and tell him it is from a sample kit someone else got from your company. And she says it fits great. Just sent... so we'll see what he says. Thanks

I filled it half way with some leftover popcorn and turned it upside down and shook it and the lid didn't come off. It fits nice and snug. lol

I have a reply "Would like a sample of the paper caps only, for my 3" diameter candle jar."

Our paper caps do not fit candle jars. Our tubes are made to a specific Outside diameter to assure a snug fit.

David Esper/Custom Paper Tubes

Assistant Sales Manager

216-362-2964

www.custompapertubes.com

I requested the same as you Sharon and got the same exact reply from that guy.

I only wanted a few samples of the lids for Status jars and I also sometimes use the Whisper jars which use the same size lid as the Status. I do love the flat glass lids but they are pricey and heavy.

Got a reply from Chicago Paper..:yay:

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your interest in Chicago Paper Tube & Can Company. Yes, we do make these paper caps and we did make them for Sydney Hale. Does your jar measure exactly 3” (edge to edge)? We have a cap that measure approximately 3.085. That might work for you. I could send you a sample of this size and the next size up, which is 3.265. Please forward your address and I’ll get these out for you.

Thank you,

Rachel Turner

Chicago Paper Tube & Can Company

4221 North Normandy Avenue

Chicago, IL 60634

773-283-9500 x 105 Phone

773-283-9501 Fax

www.chicagopapertube.com

Also got another reply from Custom Paper. I have sent my address to both, Chicago and Custom. It will be nice to compare.=QUOTE]

Thanks for checking in to this. Please let us know how they compare, price, etc. I sure hope these will be an option.

Edited by lyncamp

Got a reply from Chicago Paper..:yay:

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your interest in Chicago Paper Tube & Can Company. Yes, we do make these paper caps and we did make them for Sydney Hale. Does your jar measure exactly 3” (edge to edge)? We have a cap that measure approximately 3.085. That might work for you. I could send you a sample of this size and the next size up, which is 3.265. Please forward your address and I’ll get these out for you.

Thank you,

Rachel Turner

Chicago Paper Tube & Can Company

4221 North Normandy Avenue

Chicago, IL 60634

773-283-9500 x 105 Phone

773-283-9501 Fax

www.chicagopapertube.com

Wow, so much nice than the 'no, we don't fit candle jars!'. I love the look!

[ATTACH][ATTACH]24917[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Here's a couple of quick pics. Not great but was in a hurry. I'll try to post a better one later. I tried the cap on 6 different Status jars and it fit them all. Snug, but it fit. I like them snug, anyway. Not sure why he insists they won't fit. The tube in the pic is the one the lid came off of.

Wow, I got my samples from Custom Paper Tubes today. They sent a bunch and the craft paper cap/lid fits the jar from Dollar Store perfect. Just as above. Got a brochure but no price list. Has anyone got prices from them for the 3" cap?

Also got 2 samples from Chicago Paper Tube, very nice but neither fit this same jar. One (3.085") is a little too small and the other (3.265") is too big. The larger of the 2 is colored black, looks nice but it doesn't fit my jar. No price on these either.

Wow, I got my samples from Custom Paper Tubes today. They sent a bunch and the craft paper cap/lid fits the jar from Dollar Store perfect. Just as above. Got a brochure but no price list. Has anyone got prices from them for the 3" cap?

Also got 2 samples from Chicago Paper Tube, very nice but neither fit this same jar. One (3.085") is a little too small and the other (3.265") is too big. The larger of the 2 is colored black, looks nice but it doesn't fit my jar. No price on these either.

Maybe we can do a co-op on the lids from Custom Paper Tubes? Has anyone found out what the price is? If not, I can email him and find out.

Lynne

This thread went kinda cold, I was waiting to see if there was still an interest. Now see what you get from his answers on shipping and price. I'm still confused.

me...

Dave received Your generous sample package and WOW. Thank you so much. Loved everything and the 3" cap/lid fits perfect on my candle jar. Could I now have amounts and cost for this size cap? Starting with the smallest amount we would have to order. Also how are these packed? Are they just thrown in a box or stacked with divider ? Thanks again

David...

The 3” Rustic Brown paper cap?

David...

If so, the minimum purchase is 1 full carton of 1500 caps, plus a $50 set-up charge. No here’s the issue. The 3” paper cap that you removed from our tube was shrunk down to fit that specific tube. The caps we send you will be damp right off the press. I wanted you to be aware of this.

David...

The caps are just bulk packed into a carton, not stacked.

David...

Sharon,

Here is your pricing. 3" paper cap 20M $73.00 M= price per 1000 caps

David

I have the quote but it's a PDF file and I can't get it to copy. Can forward in an email. Let me know if you want it. HTH

This thread went kinda cold, I was waiting to see if there was still an interest. Now see what you get from his answers on shipping and price. I'm still confused.

me...

Dave received Your generous sample package and WOW. Thank you so much. Loved everything and the 3" cap/lid fits perfect on my candle jar. Could I now have amounts and cost for this size cap? Starting with the smallest amount we would have to order. Also how are these packed? Are they just thrown in a box or stacked with divider ? Thanks again

David...

The 3” Rustic Brown paper cap?

David...

If so, the minimum purchase is 1 full carton of 1500 caps, plus a $50 set-up charge. No here’s the issue. The 3” paper cap that you removed from our tube was shrunk down to fit that specific tube. The caps we send you will be damp right off the press. I wanted you to be aware of this.

David...

The caps are just bulk packed into a carton, not stacked.

David...

Sharon,

Here is your pricing. 3" paper cap 20M $73.00 M= price per 1000 caps

David

I have the quote but it's a PDF file and I can't get it to copy. Can forward in an email. Let me know if you want it. HTH

No here’s the issue. The 3” paper cap that you removed from our tube was shrunk down to fit that specific tube. The caps we send you will be damp right off the press. I wanted you to be aware of this.

So, how would one shrink them to fit our Status jars?

So, how would one shrink them to fit our Status jars?

That's the main thing I'm worried about. The fact that the caps will be sent to us damp and just thrown in a box, getting bent and miss shaped. At least that is what I think he is saying. And is the price $ 73.00 per 1000 plus $50.00 set up. Or if we order 20M then the price will be $73.00 per M. I'm sure the cost will be more if we order 1500 caps. Not sure but I don't want to take a chance that they will not be perfect when we get them.