Anyone notice a problem with the CMS wickstickers coming loose?

blt212

I have been emailing the Candlemaker's Store to let them know that I'm having a problem with 2 or 3 wickstickers lifting after wicking 30 jars or so. I clean the jars, wipe the bottom with alcohol using a qtip, make sure it's dry, apply the wick with a wicksetter. At this point, they are stuck good. I can lift the jar by the wick. Then I go about mixing wax dye, etc....anywhere from 10-30 minutues can go by. I then go back and check them and find that a few have lifted up. So I remove, and start again. At that point, the sticker is stuck really good to the metal wick tab but doesn't feel that sticky on the other side that came loose. They've said they haven't had any other complaints....hard to believe I could be the only one. I also keep a dehumidifer going so I don't think that's the issue. I store the unused stickers in a ziplock bag...

Once the candle has set, I check the bottoms to make sure they are stuck down....I know alot of you use silicone...I hate to go that route with the setup time but may have to....

Appreciate any input or feedback on issues you may have seen with them...

Thank you

I use the CMS wick stickers regularly (in a pinch will use other suppliers too). I pour in my basement which maintains a consistent atmosphere all year round, which is cooler than the rest of the house. I don't clean the jars but before wicking I alway hit them with a heat gun. This has kept my wick stickers stuck no matter where I buy them.

We haven't had a problem.I've used them for years.Husband does our candles outside in a shed.He had to move from the basement since I can't be around the actual candlemaking.With the Basement the odor came up through the vents.It has become to much for me being around the actual making.I've even cut down burning them.

LynnS