OMG Candle Science! 4 New FOs

HorseScentS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JS Peppermint Bark is hands down awesome -- didn't even bother with the CS version. Pine Cones reeked (smelled burnt to me). Actually wasn't impressed with any of their new ones -- even worse, I ordered about 12-15 samples total...not a single one blew me away. C'mon CS, you're letting me down!

JS Peppermint Bark is hands down awesome -- didn't even bother with the CS version. Pine Cones reeked (smelled burnt to me). Actually wasn't impressed with any of their new ones -- even worse, I ordered about 12-15 samples total...not a single one blew me away. C'mon CS, you're letting me down!

How much chocolate can you smell in JS Peppermint Bark? Have you tried Peak's Peppermint Kiss? and if so, how do they compare? I have Peak's Peppermint Kiss, so just wondering how it compares. TIA

How much chocolate can you smell in JS Peppermint Bark? Have you tried Peak's Peppermint Kiss? and if so, how do they compare? I have Peak's Peppermint Kiss, so just wondering how it compares. TIA

To me, it's dead even -- I smell equal chocolate and peppermint. Makes killer cp soap!! Just and FYI: the chocolate in PB is much different than say a peppermint patty type FO if that makes sense. It's not a rich sweet chocolate as much as it's a clean baker's chocolate maybe?

To me, it's dead even -- I smell equal chocolate and peppermint. Makes killer cp soap!! Just and FYI: the chocolate in PB is much different than say a peppermint patty type FO if that makes sense. It's not a rich sweet chocolate as much as it's a clean baker's chocolate maybe?

Just like the taste difference between milk chocolate and white chocolate, I'm picking up the white chocolate aroma and not a fudge note like some generic chocolate FOs. HTH

So, you're description quoted above is for the JS Peppermint Bark, right? If so, it sounds more chocolatey than Peak's Pepperming Kiss, which is more peppermint than chocolate, like a peppermint patty.

So, you're saying the JS Peppermint Bark smells more like white chocolate?

To me it smells like peppermint bark which is white chocolate with crushed up red & white peppermint sticks. Yes the top note is the peppermint but - to me - the chocolate undertone is definitely white chocolate and not milk chocolate. IMO Peppermint Patty is the peppermint/milk chocolate combo.

To me it smells like peppermint bark which is white chocolate with crushed up red & white peppermint sticks. Yes the top note is the peppermint but - to me - the chocolate undertone is definitely white chocolate and not milk chocolate. IMO Peppermint Patty is the peppermint/milk chocolate combo.

Oh, okay. I only like dark chocolate, and the Peppermint Patty candies are dark chocolate, so that's what I want, and what I hope CS is. I think Peak's is dark chocolate, but I'd be happy with a bit more dark chocolate and a bit less peppermint in it.

I hate white chocolate, and years ago a chocolate shop owner told me there's no such thing as white chocolate, it's just lard and sugar, so it's a marketing scam. I always pick it out of macadamia nut cookies.

All of the peppermint bark that I have eaten or made has a layer of dark chocolate under the peppermint/white chocolate layer. This is what the picture on CandleScience's site shows, too.

And peppermint patties are peppermint cream surrounded by dark chocolate.

From the food perspective, not the FOs.

Edited by Camay

All of the peppermint bark that I have eaten or made has a layer of dark chocolate under the peppermint/white chocolate layer. This is what the picture on CandleScience's site shows, too.

And peppermint patties are peppermint cream surrounded by dark chocolate.

From the food perspective, not the FOs.

Thank you for explaining that. I got out three jelly jar candles I made with Peak's Peppermint Kiss at 8% FO load and burned them in my great room with vaulted ceiling, and it's definitely a good Peppermint Patty with a nice amount of dark chocolate; but I need to cut back to 7% so the peppermint won't be so overwhelming, it makes my eyes water. lol

Edited by HorsescentS

I love CS peppermint bark. I love mint oils though and love chocolate and that is what I smell. I didn't care for Cypress & Berries it didn't smell of anything distinct to me, it just smelt perfume-y and I don't care for the perfume type scents. Harvest Berry is smelling nice I need to put it in the wax. I find their new Mistletoe to be better than their last. I smell more of the fir needle. It just goes to show that scent is such a personal thing. What smells great to one doesn't always smell good to the other.