How does this palm look?

As you know, I'm having the opposite. I'm burning VERY fast, with a huge flame. After 2 hours:

post-967-13945850153_thumb.jpg

Still getting a little hang up on one side of the votive, which will clear up soon (based on this room and the draft I've been combating the last couple weeks).

Palm, scented 1oz pp, melted 220, poured 190, cured 6 days. Going to wick down a size and test some more - getting some shroomage and afterglow too :-\

post-967-139458501533_thumb.jpg

Big difference. Is the jar too hot? I think that might be the right wick you're using. MP looks good for the 2 hour burn in a votive, not too deep. Flame is high, but if that article is true, with more curing that one will work. Hup on one side might be from not twisting wick, maybe? Are you using CSN wicks? I haven't gotten any mushs or afterglow. My votives looked like yours but with inch deep MPs & hot, hot jars. After I read the article & tried again, they were perfect. In my candle above, I'm trying to leave a shell all the way down.

As you know, I'm having the opposite. I'm burning VERY fast, with a huge flame. After 2 hours:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24719[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]24718[/ATTACH]

Still getting a little hang up on one side of the votive, which will clear up soon (based on this room and the draft I've been combating the last couple weeks).

Palm, scented 1oz pp, melted 220, poured 190, cured 6 days. Going to wick down a size and test some more - getting some shroomage and afterglow too :-\

Big difference. Is the jar too hot? I think that might be the right wick you're using. MP looks good for the 2 hour burn in a votive, not too deep. Flame is high, but if that article is true, with more curing that one will work. Hup on one side might be from not twisting wick, maybe? Are you using CSN wicks? I haven't gotten any mushs or afterglow. My votives looked like yours but with inch deep MPs & hot, hot jars. After I read the article & tried again, they were perfect. In my candle above, I'm trying to leave a shell all the way down.

I'll have to get back to you on the wicks. Was a suggestion from the supplier and don't recall off the top of my head, but will get you the size/type.

The glass is hot, but still manageable. The flame is dancing and I've got a draft in the very large room I'm in (at work).

I made a total of 12 votives. 6 I gave away (they were for decorative purposes, so wasn't afraid of testing before giving them out). Burned one at about 36 hour cure, and this one's at about 6 days. I figure I have 4 left and will burn one every other week to test. Also, will pick up some smaller wicks and test the heck out of those too :)

post-13614-139458501538_thumb.jpgWelcome! This is a pic of CSs frost palm wax, CSN-12. End of 1st 3 hour burn. Burned much smoother, MP is definitely wider. I'm wondering if the CSN-12 actually burns hotter then the CSN-14? Like CD-12 burns hotter then CD-14/ HTP126 burns hotter then HTP1212.

Here's a wonderful thread also: Starburst Palm Testing

post-13614-139458501534_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChandlerWicks
Darn it, soap got put in by accident. I can't remove it.

I can't really tell from your picture but it looks like an 8 ounce jelly jar. I am testing it with a CSN 12 & it's working good however, I have found with the palm wax the wick needs to be kept trimmed short. I may try going down to a CSN 11 once I order them.

I think for the 1st 3 hour burn it looks good my problem was the wick curling & the glass getting way to hot on one side I mean blistering hot. May have to buy some status jars & try the CSN 12.

Gorgeous soap BTW :)

Edited by ladysj

I didn't mean to stick that soap there. Oy Veigh! But thanks, I could only get part of a design before it froze up.

Dollartree has the 12oz status. I'm wondering if it's burning so well only because it's frost palm instead of glass glow? In Top's thread that I posted the link to, one of the posts is about JJs. It's a long read, 12 pages but great info.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24721[/ATTACH]Welcome! This is a pic of CSs frost palm wax, CSN-12. End of 1st 3 hour burn. Burned much smoother, MP is definitely wider. I'm wondering if the CSN-12 actually burns hotter then the CSN-14? Like CD-12 burns hotter then CD-14/ HTP126 burns hotter then HTP1212.

Here's a wonderful thread also: Starburst Palm Testing

I don't think that CSN12 burns hotter. Is the candle in this pic made with the same FO as the first pic? It could be that the FO you are testing just needs a smaller wick.

Thanks! Well Duh, I forgot one of the rules of FOs. Different FO & actually a higher %. It's on it's 2nd burn & doing so beautifully. The CSN-14 in the purple one makes extreme hot spots on jar. Can you tell me if the shell left is the normal size? Thanks Tracey

I don't think that CSN12 burns hotter. Is the candle in this pic made with the same FO as the first pic? It could be that the FO you are testing just needs a smaller wick.
Edited by ChandlerWicks