Liquid Dyes

I want to say that essentially, in an educated guess, most dyes are going to be close but the pigments are never going to be identical in their colorations. Some red dyes blend easily and by adding more drops or fewer gives you the degree of red you desire and others can be a pain. I've had some that resulted in little red dots or smears in the finished product and others that gave a great uniform red with no morphs or clumps. Some stay fluid and others tend to dry out quickly or need to be shaken violently to remove any clumping and yet some I put in the microwave to slightly heat and then shake them. Just buy one oz of a color and then test. HTH

Steve

I've ordered liquid dyes from just about all the suppliers over the years and I found the best dyes are from Candle Science, Aroma Haven, Candlewic & Lonestar. These companies beat all the others when it comes to the most concentrated colors. I can use 1 drop in my soy/paraffin blend wax for great dark colors. If I'm after a more pastel color, a tiny bit on a toothpick will give it to me. They also last forever. If you find they start to thicken, a drop or 2 of mineral oil fixes that.

I've never gotten liquids from anywhere other than Community Candle ( old Alabaster Color and Fragrance ).

I got seriously spoiled on the mega variety they have of different colors.

I'm not the greatest at remembering what color mixes with what to get what shade, and this pretty much takes all the guess work out of it by giving you great starting points.

While they do have an odor straight in the bottle, once mixed in wax, it completely goes away.

Here is the site

http://www.communitycandlesupply.com/products.php?cat=Liquid+Candle+Dyes

Edited by blacktieaffair

I use Bitter Creeks liquids and that is all I have ever used. I love them but like everyone I think you love what you use :) Mineral Oil will thin them if they thicken. Reds tend to do that the most.

As for how to make brown. Green and Red. Yup! That simple ;)

Try doing it while color blind. WOWSERS! Though I have been pretty accurate with Red, Blue, Yellow, Black, and Brown (cause, honestly, how the H*** do you make BROWN?!) :)

Yup! I'm shade Red/Green colorblind, and certain shades get awfully problematic for me. I'm glad my DH is here, and doesn't mind correcting me if I miss. LOL