Rice Flower & Shea ???

candleessence

Ok, this is a kinda a weird one. I was hoping I could find a "shea butter" FO, but Im not having much luck. Could anyone tell me if Rice Flower & shea has a shea butter smell to it? Im trying to duplicate a FO B&B I love but I really just need the "shea butter" smell without any other heavy FO smell with it. Do ya'll know what I could mix together to get that smell? Again, I know weird......but if anyone would know it would be ya'll :wink2:

Are you looking to dupe the unrefined shea scent, or a sweeter, buttery smell? I'm a little confused about what you mean about the fragrance of shea, because refined shea (what most people use) doesn't have an odor. Unrefined has a wonderful earthy aroma to it - I can probably suggest some FOs if you can explain it to this thick-headed chick over here! :wink2:

I made it in a lotion.I only made one as wasn't sure if it would go over.So of course the lady gets one and her friend wanted another.You just never know.

I ususally take lotion home.Not a big seller so just when you have a sale you don't have what they want.Candles are what sells for me and the 8 ounce jar mostly.

LynnS

I have a gardenia body shea butter that I LOVE the smell of. I'm not a fan of gardenia @ all but this I love, & I thought maybe it was the added shea butter that made it smell different. Never smelled real shea butter (refined or un-refined) but what this smells like is "buttery & sweet" with a touch of very light gardenia. daniedb, you gave me an idea w/ your reply. Maybe if I add a vanilla to this floral it might come close. This fragrance is really different & I have a hard time seperating the "notes" of the fragrance. Thank you everyone for your replies.

Glad I could help at all! Make sure when you look for a vanilla that you get one that is specifically sweet and/or buttery, a lot of them are more true smelling, like extract - there was a good thread here a week or so about a buttery vanilla, there were tons of good suggestions. I hope you find what you're looking for!