Bath melts oily to the touch?

classiccandle

Thanks ladies. I use a pretty unconventional recipe (I'm still playing around with it) that makes my combined ingredients come out looking more like Lush's mixtures than typical melt mixtures. Rather than pour them into molds I pack the mixture into a mold. I used 8 oz of cocoa butter, 4 oz of almond oil, 32 ounces of baking soda, 16 ounces of citric acid, about 3 ounces of Polysorbate 80 (not sure if that's too much) and less than a quarter ounce of FO. I'll probably have to use more FO because the smell was lighter than I would have liked. They look dry but leave an oily residue on your fingers when you pick them up and I wasn't sure if that was normal or not. I have looked into wrapping them in the foil candy wrappers to keep the residue down.

• 1 month later...

No tartaric acid? I think that tartaric acid might help them dry a bit more. Also you could reduce the amount of oil. I made a few bubble bars the other day and the were oily for a while but dried after a day or two. i know when mine is ready to roll when I get the texture of bread dough, If yourswhas a bit more runny maybe to much oil.