signature scent

kimmeroo

I have been out of the loop for a while due to my other business..anyhow, I have a lady wanting me to do a signature scent for her..she knows exactly what she wants but I have never heard of two out of the three fo's she wants me to use.

1st fo she wants is...White Sage

2nd one is Sweet Grass

I have the third one already.

TY in advance for any help on these. :)

Kim:grin2:

Edited by kimmeroo

Sweetgrass is a very nice fragrance. I picked some up from Southern Soapers to make a batch of soap for a friend of mine. But, they stopped carrying it so have been on the lookout for others. Good luck on the signature scent.

Moonshine, will have to pick up the ones from AH. Have you tried the Sweetgrass and Cedar? I like that 'Horse Whispers'.

Sweetgrass is a very nice fragrance. I picked some up from Southern Soapers to make a batch of soap for a friend of mine. But, they stopped carrying it so have been on the lookout for others. Good luck on the signature scent.

Moonshine, will have to pick up the ones from AH. Have you tried the Sweetgrass and Cedar? I like that 'Horse Whispers'.

TY ProudMarineMom!

Ah/re are the only ones I have tried and they Are both amazing- I use the sweet grass in my "horse whispers" blend- I use soy and they throw wonderful

This helps so much..TY Moonshine..Horse whispers..what a nice name for a scent! Do you make melts at all?

Hi proudmarinemom - how is it going??

I have not tried the Sweet grass and cedar yet but I have my eye on it! LOL I swear I have more samples than I know what to do with already- I have become a FO hoarder! I need to cut scents not add them

I love my horse whispers- I did a western collection and it just fit!

This helps so much..TY Moonshine..Horse whispers..what a nice name for a scent! Do you make melts at all?

Hi kimmerio-

Thank you for the compliment on the name... I was going to call it horse whisperer but I didn't like the extra syllable! LOL

But I first did this blend with fresh grass- hayride and apple and it was very nice but a little more "grassy" than I really wanted so I cut back the grass added sweetgrass and upped the apple a touch- it's perfect- smells just like the sweet scent horses blow out when you nuzzle their nose....well close anyway- I did do more apple

And yes I do make melts and candles- I am starting to do clamshells and love them- the individual ones are nice but man what a breeze pouring in the clams!

If cedar happens to be that 3rd one, then Bitter Creek North has this:

Sage, Sweetgrass & Cedar (Bubbles N Lights) - Enhanced with bright citrus notes, the power of this fragrance is in the blend of grassy green notes, with hints of lavender sage and rosemary. Throw in some spicy clove, the warm outdoorsy scent of pine and oakmoss and you have a terrifically earthy fragrance!

If some type of pine is the 3rd one, then this might work if you add sweetgrass:

Sagebrush & Pinion Leaf (Bubbles N Lights) - An earthy fragrance with heavy woodsy and grassy notes. When I sniff this fragrance, I just get the image of John Wayne riding across the range with tumbleweeds rolling in front of him. Think rough and tumble and a little rough around the edges

If cedar happens to be that 3rd one, then Bitter Creek North has this:

Sage, Sweetgrass & Cedar (Bubbles N Lights) - Enhanced with bright citrus notes, the power of this fragrance is in the blend of grassy green notes, with hints of lavender sage and rosemary. Throw in some spicy clove, the warm outdoorsy scent of pine and oakmoss and you have a terrifically earthy fragrance!

If some type of pine is the 3rd one, then this might work if you add sweetgrass:

Sagebrush & Pinion Leaf (Bubbles N Lights) - An earthy fragrance with heavy woodsy and grassy notes. When I sniff this fragrance, I just get the image of John Wayne riding across the range with tumbleweeds rolling in front of him. Think rough and tumble and a little rough around the edges

Sticking fingers in my ears, singing la-la-la-la-la while thinking, I don't need any more suppliers or scents, I don't need any more suppliers or scents...!!!!

Dang it, I love the description of that first one. Have you tried it?

Guest OldGlory

My experience:

I have used Sage Sweetgrass and Cedar in CP soap and I love it.

I pick up more cedar and sage than sweetgrass, but there is definitely a mellow note somewhere in the middle so that must be the sweetgrass. And I have simply Sweetgrass from BCN and that smells like that mid note and is slightly sweet in the way that hay is slightly sweet.

Then there's the Sagebrush and Pinion Leaf and there's a greener top note which I've yet to put a name to (not pine), and some dryer mid to base notes which smell like sage to me.

Cedar and Saffron is in the same range as the others. Not much of a top note in this. While the Cedar is evident and just a tiny bit sharp, the saffron brings a softer and richer tone. I pick up a little bit of a powdery note in the middle of this one.

All 4 of these scents are candle, soap, and lotion safe.

If you haven't tried PEPPERCORN, IMHO, this is one of the best scents BCN offers. And it rocks in CP, in fact I suggest scaling back a smidge. You will have customers tracking you down for this scent in candles and soaps.

If you haven't tried PEPPERCORN, IMHO, this is one of the best scents BCN offers. And it rocks in CP, in fact I suggest scaling back a smidge. You will have customers tracking you down for this scent in candles and soaps.

Okay, that's not something I never would have even looked at - but you made go check the descrip - and THAT cracked me up!! :laugh2: Now I've GOT to get a sample!

Edited by ksranch

Guest OldGlory

Ks, I don't think the name suits the FO at all and I have struggled with renaming it. Kept giving it a different name until one customer said "I don't care what you call it - I just have to have it." I'm surprised she hasn't stalked me and found my house because nobody carries it locally now.

If you like rich masculine multi-layered FOs, you'll love this one. Glad you got a giggle from the description, lol.