Ready 2 Give Up GB464

I use 464 and love it. 7.8% fo on most scents. I heat to 185 and pour when wax is cool enough to pick up the metal pour pot with my hands (not the handle). Not too scientific on pour temp but it works for me. 3-7 days cure and problem with CT or HT.

I use 464 and love it. 7.8% fo on most scents. I heat to 185 and pour when wax is cool enough to pick up the metal pour pot with my hands (not the handle). Not too scientific on pour temp but it works for me. 3-7 days cure and problem with CT or HT.

What you said so far sounds ok but what is the container size, melt pool size, wick type and size? It the size, depth, and temp of the melt pool that gives HT. Also, no all FOs will work.

What you said so far sounds ok but what is the container size, melt pool size, wick type and size? It the size, depth, and temp of the melt pool that gives HT. Also, no all FOs will work.

Occasionally I've noticed that some suppliers will tell you that some of their oils are not compatible in soy, that being said, I am thinking of testing this sample of 464 that I have, using various suggestions I've been presented with here and go from there. My jar is an 8 oz mason jar, I'd like to test with cotton wicks again, but not sure where I want to start, maybe the 51-32-18 would be a good place to start and using Peak's Pink Sugar(real strong in paraffin), no dyes, heat to 180, pour at 165?:smiley2:

Edited by 7 Pawz

Sorry rjdaines, my comment was simply addressing the general temp that I add FO, scent load and cure time that works for me, I didn't intend to list all the specifics for different containers that I produce. OP has actually nixed the cottons and CDs that I have great success with in 464. And I agree all FOs will not work, if only I had half the money I spend in testing scents back!

Occasionally I've noticed that some suppliers will tell you that some of their oils are not compatible in soy, that being said, I am thinking of testing this sample of 464 that I have, using various suggestions I've been presented with here and go from there. My jar is an 8 oz mason jar, I'd like to test with cotton wicks again, but not sure where I want to start, maybe the 51-32-18 would be a good place to start and using Peak's Pink Sugar(real strong in paraffin), no dyes, heat to 180, pour at 165?:smiley2:

The 51C would be my first wick to test if your 8 oz mason is a jelly jar style. Can't speak for the square mason, I haven't made them in a while. Good luck!

Hello all:)

Recently I've decided to try GB 464; got the sample size.

I've had a hard time wicking this wax and so far have not hit on any scents that have a good ht or ct in it. I am trying to test using htp wicks,( also tested cotton and paper core, cd's with no success) a 2-3 in. round container, no dyes, no other additives; only time i smell the scent is when i add it to the wax at the time of processing. or when i remelt it. Pouring @ 165, tops come out fine. I try to test with no more than 1oz of fo at the time, but I guess more would be in order depending on the scent?

This link helped me alot a few years back! The link is located as a sticky on the vegetable wax forum in red..there is another one where everyone posts their soy blends. HTH!

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?16759-FO-for-soy

Kim