Just Scent - Rant

LadyinCali

Well, I just got an order I placed with Just Scent and I am not a happy camper. I ordered a 16 oz bottle of the Candy Corn FO and the scent has changed completely from what I ordered last year. This smells like buttercream or maybe even a birthday cake type fragrance. I still have the old bottle of Candy Corn I ordered and the scents are nothing alike and I am pi**ed. Very rarely do I even order pound bottles because I'm not selling too much yet and I decided to get a big bottle because I loved the scent. What a disappointment. I sent JS an email but I doubt she will do anything about it.

If a company changes suppliers and the scent has changed, they should let you know. Now I'm stuck with a scent that smells like all the other buttercream oils I have and it really irritates me. Ok, End of rant!

Happy to say that Becky Jo from JS was very nice about this. She said I could return the bottle for a full refund - which I will do. She had no idea why the the scent was so different because the supplier has been the same since I ordered my last bottle. Who knows, but I am a bit disappointed that it's not the same CC scent, because that was so good. But I am happy that I'm able to return it for a full refund. Now I will try to find a CC FO that is as good as the one from JS once was.

Happy to say that Becky Jo from JS was very nice about this. She said I could return the bottle for a full refund - which I will do. She had no idea why the the scent was so different because the supplier has been the same since I ordered my last bottle. Who knows, but I am a bit disappointed that it's not the same CC scent, because that was so good. But I am happy that I'm able to return it for a full refund. Now I will try to find a CC FO that is as good as the one from JS once was.

I find a lot of JS FO's smell a lot better in wax. (I rarely find one I LOVE from OOB sniff)

If you want to mix your own andy Corn. Try KY Sweet & Creamy and mix it with a sweet Crème Brûlée (no chocolate notes)

I had the same problem with Gourmet Sugar Cookie from ICS. She totally denied there was a problem even though some people described the scent as smelling like "dirty toes". My sample bottle of it was to DIE for...best GSC I've ever found. The 16 oz. bottle I ordered was NOT the same. Also the sugar corn pudding from AH/RE is a little different from the bottle I got from KY, but I didn't say anything to them. I was too happy with the care that went into the order I got from them to complain. lol

I find a lot of JS FO's smell a lot better in wax. (I rarely find one I LOVE from OOB sniff)

If you want to mix your own andy Corn. Try KY Sweet & Creamy and mix it with a sweet Crème Brûlée (no chocolate notes)

Thank you for the blending idea - I will definitely have to give that a try!

I had the same problem with Gourmet Sugar Cookie from ICS. She totally denied there was a problem even though some people described the scent as smelling like "dirty toes". My sample bottle of it was to DIE for...best GSC I've ever found. The 16 oz. bottle I ordered was NOT the same. Also the sugar corn pudding from AH/RE is a little different from the bottle I got from KY, but I didn't say anything to them. I was too happy with the care that went into the order I got from them to complain. lol

Atleast I can get a refund, but it still irritates me that she claims the scent has never changed. There is no comparison between to two Candy Corn FO's - the one I bought last year was wonderful - this one smells like a typical buttercream scent. I have noticed from a few different companies that the sample bottles smell SO good...then when you order a bigger bottle, they are either weaker or smell different.

I know what you mean about RE, I love that company. Their customer service is wonderful, and so far I have never had a problem with any of their oils. I just ordered a few Fall scents from them and I'm hoping they are as good as everything else I have gotten from them.

Atleast I can get a refund, but it still irritates me that she claims the scent has never changed. There is no comparison between to two Candy Corn FO's - the one I bought last year was wonderful - this one smells like a typical buttercream scent. I have noticed from a few different companies that the sample bottles smell SO good...then when you order a bigger bottle, they are either weaker or smell different.

I know what you mean about RE, I love that company. Their customer service is wonderful, and so far I have never had a problem with any of their oils. I just ordered a few Fall scents from them and I'm hoping they are as good as everything else I have gotten from them.

Maybe they accidentally mislabeled your FO. That happened to me when I ordered Peak's Mulberry and ended up with probably Spruceberry instead which was mislabeled as Mulberry. So, they just sent me a bottle of real Mulberry. Maybe you should ask them to send you a sample of their Candy Candy corn FO after they double check to make sure it's really Candy Corn. Then compare to the 1 lb bottle you got.