2 oz scent shots or 2 fluted tarts?

leisa2003

@kforbs - I'm happy to answer and help however I can - keep the questions coming :)

I use the National Shrink wrap system here. It was my favorite investment from a couple of years ago. Sometimes you can find them on sale in the classies or on ebay or craigslist.

The shrink wrap is on a long roll and is cut to size using the wand. It makes whatever size wrap I want/need, so I don't stock bags. I picked it up for the soap side of the business, but now use it for practically anything that needs wrapping. I shrink bundles of lip balms for wholesale orders, small displays as I travel to shows, boxes of product, scrub jars, you name it. Heck, I'd wrap the cat, but she's too darned quick :wink2:

I have used ULine CD shrink bags before too. I think I used my food seal system to seal/cut the bags, then the heat gun to shrinky dink things. Slow, but it worked. If I were to pick pre-cut bags, I'd measure my items to shrink, add 35-40% to the size and buy that size. Most shink wrap products reduce by about 40%. It's better to go bigger than smaller - you can always cut off excess. I'm pretty sure on some of my early experiments I just taped the end shut and shrunk the whole thing. Worked OK.

HTH

Not wanting to be totally stupid here, but does anyone know where I could look at some pics of the tarts with charms ya all are talking about? Never seen anything like that and the bathing garden etsy placed is closed for a while! Sounds like they would be really cute though! Oh, and I agree big time with ChandlerWicks, TallTayls post and advice is always so awesome and helpful! Thanks much!

Ugh! I put this on the wrong thread! Is there a way to repost it where I meant to?

Edited by samandkennasmom
Wrong thread!

post-5110-13945850097_thumb.jpg

Not wanting to be totally stupid here, but does anyone know where I could look at some pics of the tarts with charms ya all are talking about? Never seen anything like that and the bathing garden etsy placed is closed for a while! Sounds like they would be really cute though! Oh, and I agree big time with ChandlerWicks, TallTayls post and advice is always so awesome and helpful! Thanks much!

Ugh! I put this on the wrong thread! Is there a way to repost it where I meant to?

post-5110-139458500976_thumb.jpg

Thanks for this thread!! I have been searching for new ways to package my wax melts other than the portion cups. I like them but I want something a bit different and more "me"

Someone asked how much the portion cups sell for. I sell the 2 oz portion cups for $1.75 or 10 for $15 but I was going to raise the price of them to $2.25 each because I needed to. But I decided to see if I could find a different way to package them.

Not sure exactly what I am going to do yet.