Anyone have the stainless Presto pot?

I just keep looking at Presto pots. I make just a few batches of wax a week. Still deciding.

I long ago got rid of non-stick cookware. I hated the teflon material flaking off. Just was reading a ton of reviews and a lot of people mention the non-stick flaking off. I did not find much here about that in my searching.

I saw a stainless version and wondered if anyone had that one.

Thanks!

Edited by justajesuschick

I have both versions. The teflon coated one definitely does have flaking and general all-over signs of wear. To be fair, it is used for many things besides just heating wax. If it were used for just wax it would probably be fine.

The stainless one is a bit larger, and the sides are not perfectly vertical- they actually bulge outward for the bottom 10-20% then become vertical again. Hard to describe... Maybe it's just the model I ended up with? I can't see how a spigot could be installed without causing leaks. If using a ladle to transfer wax it would probably be fine.

Each is small enough to lift and pour into a mixing pot if need be, so smaller batches are no problem.

My first one is about 6-7 yrs old. It does have some places where the Teflon has flaked off on the inside and plenty of scratches that came along in the last 2(ish) yrs. I've only found a piece of Teflon floating in the wax a handful of times, was easy to see and just fished it out. The rest seemed to come off when wiping it down after use but it really was minimal each time.

I did put it through not so careful use... clanking of metal spoons while stirring, and sticking the spoon in the wax and whirling it around to melt faster (paraffin). Oh, and I did use a metal whisk for a time. Since I changed over to a plastic spoon, it doesn't seem to have flaked anymore off.

My other two are fine but one is only about a year old with the other being a bit newer. I've only used plastic spoons in those two.

I like the look of the stainless one but am partial to spigots. If there was a way to get a spigot on it without leaking, I'd consider getting one.

See now stainless steel without bulging would be great! I have the teflon version and it has scratches, but I love how much it holds, just that I think it takes too long to clean out. Every now and then it has a flaking issue, but I expect that since I scratched it.