A dumb question from an old soaper...

Stinkydancer

This is a stupid question but I'm not used to MP so much.

How much TD should I use to get an opaque base from a clear soap? I'm just trying to cut costs a little by just having one base. I know I don't want to have too much TD in the soap.

I tried today but just used a popsicle stick and it isn't opaque enough.

Thanks in advance...

Thanks so much for the reply.

I know I can buy the white as well but I wanted to just stick with one base for MP and make life easier and try to keep costs down. I knew I should have just bought both- LOL. I only sell a handful of MP compared to my CP and HP but it's fun to play with sometimes.

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

I've also always found the plain white, and plain clear the same price as each other so I'm not getting what you mean by keeping costs down since you'd have say, one case of clear, but you have to buy the TD in addition. But one thing I did find out from at least one supplier that I asked ( Aztec), I needed x amount of white but much more clear.. and they had a "case" price. I called and asked , since the 2 lb blocks were the same price, and the cases were the same price, could I combine and make ONE case of ( example only ) 10 lbs of white and 30 lbs of clear ) Not sure what the case weights were right now but... They said sure they'd be glad to. So I got what I needed without having to buy two cases. Not sure if anyone else ( suppliers) do this, but I've found that most will bend over backwards to accomodate you if you just call and ask !