Re-Melting Wax for a preblend of PB & Xcel

I am testing a 60/40 blend of PB & Xcel. I primarily make tarts and clamshells. I am trying to test the wax in one of my mini cupcake molds. It holds 1.1 oz of wax total. The frosting portion is .4 oz and the cupcake is .7 oz. Figuring out 60% and 40% of those tiny amounts is impossible on my scale.

I was wondering if I could mix up like 8 oz of the blend (4.8 oz of PB and 3.2 oz of Xcel), let it solidify, cut it up into chunks, and re-melt so it's pre-blended. Does that make sense?

I just didn't know if remelting the wax would change any of its characteristics.

Thanks!

Suzy- I just have to say....I have been experimenting with your blend for melts and I am so far very impressed! The cold throw is not near as strong as my PB/415 blend but the HT is stronger in the ones I have tested and duration is way longer-I also love the look and no dips in the middle - thank you for sharing your blend

All that I have read about excel having no throw kept me from trying it but when I ordered more 415 and PB last week I threw a 10lb bag of excel on the order as I am always looking for better and all your posts and pictures got me curious!! Thanks again- if more scents pass I will be making the switch!

I am glad that so many are also having good results with the blend. I get AWESOME reviews from my customers and I love how creamy they look. They last a very long time. I had some frosting issues when I did a 75/25 blend but that was after a couple of months of the melt sitting out. I just checked one that I have had sitting since the beginning of February that is the 60/40 blend and there's a little frosting but not bad.

Sometimes I'll have wax leftover in my pot that I didn't use from the previous melt and i still use it. I haven't had any problems. I think I've read that it's actually a good thing to melt the wax and let it harden and then melt it again. I don't think you'll have any problems. I think you'd have problems if the wax was heated too hot but other than that, you should be good.