Wicking 4633, any ideas?

I still don't believe that the wick has a lot to do with HT. Let me qualify that quickly. The purpose of the wick is to sustain a flame and the purpose of the flame is to provide heat and the heat's job is to melt the wax. The majority of the HT comes from the melt pool and not from FO escaping combustion in the flame. The deeper and hotter the MP for more HT. The wick can have a negative effect on HT if the ROC is too high and there is no MP. Likewise, a flame that is too small leads to tunneling and wasted wax and FO. So, in my theory, priming should have little effect on HT and once the candle is burning plenty of wax is being drawn into the wick. If the flame was really needed for HT, then melts wouldn't work.

I use raw wicks for pillars and prime them by placing the precut wick into the melted wax in the pour pot prior to the addition of FO. Temp of the wax is around 185 and it sits in there until i don't see bubbles leaving the wick any longer. I dip a few times, twist, and let harden. I use a wick pin so the wick is inserted into the candle after it is made.

I don't prime my wicks for pillars at all - I thread them and they absorb the wax I put in the mold. The other items, like muffins, I do prime them - in the same way as rjdaines. And, luckily, my products have great HT.

Hi, no I live in the uk so our weather doesn't really call for air conditioning. :(. I have remelted the 2 candles and wicked them with 2 x 51 zincs,will see how they burn. I am also getting some cd wicks sent over so will have a try with them as well. X