WHATS UP with MIAMI ERIE??

First off I have been using their Amish Friendship Bread for the last couple years. I received this order and it is clear in color (never was clear before) and almost no scent from OOB.There was a delay when receiving this last order and Angie said they cant keep it in stock it is one of their best sellers. Then I go to order this morning they have increased their prices again to $25.00 per bottle. $5.00 increase on all their oils? Any one else think that something is not right here? I think I will be looking elsewhere. Their oils are good, but they have let this go to their head and will price themselves right out of Business.

First off I have been using their Amish Friendship Bread for the last couple years. I received this order and it is clear in color (never was clear before) and almost no scent from OOB.There was a delay when receiving this last order and Angie said they cant keep it in stock it is one of their best sellers. Then I go to order this morning they have increased their prices again to $25.00 per bottle. $5.00 increase on all their oils? Any one else think that something is not right here? I think I will be looking elsewhere. Their oils are good, but they have let this go to their head and will price themselves right out of Business.

I have warned people about her business when I first joined this forum about 6 yrs ago when she was using the name Snowtop. I used to pick-up supplies from her, and I can tell you that you are correct. She does gets you hooked and then gouges,..sadly, some people fall for it and they will pay that,..not me.

ETS: Have you looked at other companies to see if they sell the fragrances that you want besides AFB (I know a few companies that have that one). I know she blends alot of her own now, so wondering if you used any of those also?

E again TS: Wow,..just visited her site,..so she is calling it "free shipping" and charging $25 for the FO and shipping. She is getting alot of extra $ charging that much extra to ship EACH bottle. YIKES!!

Edited by leisa2003

Thanks Leisa, I know that the AFB is just a different version of Zucc bread, so I can probably replace that one. Her Blackberry is the best I have tried. Any ideas where to get a great straight Blackberry thats not candy like? I Dont use any of her blends.

Thanks Leisa, I know that the AFB is just a different version of Zucc bread, so I can probably replace that one. Her Blackberry is the best I have tried. Any ideas where to get a great straight Blackberry thats not candy like? I Dont use any of her blends.

Oh yes I do,..The best that I have tried is from Indiana Candle Supplies and only $13.95 for 16 oz'er,.its rated a 5 star also. Her shipping is great too.

http://candlesupplys.us/search.aspx?find=blackberry

ETS: You can also find some of Angie's (M.E.) fragrances from her previous business (Snowtop) at ICS also, just look for ST by the fragrance names. (Just incase you didnt know) :)

Edited by leisa2003

Are you talking $25 for a lb of FO? Whats so odd about that? Lots of oils are that much and more. If its a good oil and works for you and your customers buy your products why change?!!

As far as it being "clear" and having a different OOB scent did you check with them about it? They could have sent you the wrong oil or possible its been reformulated. You will only know by calling and asking.

I find it a bit more than rude to jack up the prices like that without any advanced notice to at least her existing customers...yes, I am one of them. I was actually on her website when all of a sudden before my eyes the prices changed!!! Imagine my surprise...LOL It's a pity because several of her oils are some of my best sellers...I will be unhappy to discontinue them unless I can somehow blend them myself. Since I pretty much stink at blending...which why for me it was better to buy them already mixed. Those prices are just too steep for me.

Are you talking $25 for a lb of FO? Whats so odd about that? Lots of oils are that much and more. If its a good oil and works for you and your customers buy your products why change?!!

Those prices just wouldn't work for me, I do mostly wholesale and I struggle now just keeping my prices from going to high for my area. If it works for you or someone else thats great,..just alittle to steep for my business. I have never paid over $20 for a bottle of FO.

Those prices just wouldn't work for me, I do mostly wholesale and I struggle now just keeping my prices from going to high for my area. If it works for you or someone else thats great,..just alittle to steep for my business. I have never paid over $20 for a bottle of FO.

I'm in the same boat as Leisa on this one. There is a ton of FOs I'd love to try but I'm unfortunately not at a place money wise that I can afford that much per lb myself. Maybe one day !!!

:angry2: I am anti-Miami Erie. She was giving samples away when she reopened as ME after she closed ST. I wouldn't even accept one with free shipping and all. I have no desire to try or buy anything she is selling for the reasons stated above. Too many suppliers out there that are reliable and don't compete against, under cut then gouge their customers.