Candlewic Palm Wax

Does anyone know if the number 5301A for palm wax is a pillar wax?

I purchased a 5 pound sample of the Crystallizing Palm Wax from Candlewic to test out and everything seemed fine so I ordered a 55 pound case. I did not need it right away but they were having the 40% off on shipping sale so I took advantage of the sale.

Well lo and behold I have a wholesale order I need to have done by next weekend and so I dug into the new case. Right from the beginning it seemed to be acting weird. But I kept working with it thinking it was my imagination. As it was cooling the tops looked weird and it started getting cracks in it and major wet spots.

My first thought is that it is acting like pillar wax. I looked at the bag and it had the number 5301A on it. I did some searching on the internet and all I could find with that number says it is container wax.

So then I tried using a heat gun to straighten out the tops and the wax from the tops ran down the inside of the container because it is pulling away from the glass.

This really sucks!!!!!!! I am so peeved! :mad: I have to wait until Tuesday when they open to call them to find out what the frick this stuff is!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant but this really is not good. Hopefully they can get me the right wax by next weekend so I can make up all those candles an then explain the the customer to please let them sit for a few days for cure time.

I use their crystal palm and don't have any trouble like you describe with it. Sorry I am away from home so when I get back I will check the number to see what it is. I'll post what I find tonight.

Sounds like in any case you will need to call them about it.

I called them first thing in the morning yesterday. They did get back to me in the afternoon and said they checked out the numbers and the lot numbers and that is the right wax and gave me a few suggestions of what to try.

I have a feeling it was my own screw up but we will see. I have a fear that I accidentally poured that wax into some glass glow I had in the melter thinking it was Candlewic palm wax. :shocked2: So I am throwing it all out and starting out new and trying it tonight. If it works good then it was probably me.