Nature Wax C-3 versus Eco Soya CB 135 Versus Golden Brands 464 enhanced Opinions Pls

I'm having to find a new wax & I'm sooooooo confused. I love the wax I have been using but alas am getting down to my last box from Greenleaf :shocked2: I'm looking for something that has a good cold/hot throw, little curing time & that isn't hard to wick.

Is there such an animal? :laugh2::laugh2:Any way any opinions suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I hate having to start all over from scratch *dead horse*

I read really great reviews on Peak's about the GW 444 so I ordered 10 lbs of that to try. Wish me lots of luck

Edited by ladysj

Was your previous wax all soy or a parasoy? On the Golden Brands, you have 415, 444, and 464 to choose from. 415 has the best HT but is hard to work with and has little if any additives (pour slushy). 444 and 464 are very similar except for the melt point. Frosting is an issue but you can get smooth tops by pouring at 165. If you already have FOs that work with soy, then you should be happy with any of the above waxes. I wick with CDs.

Can't help you with C3, other than others here made a detailed recipe with additives to get it to look good. Too much fiddling for me.

I use C3...it has great ct/ht but needs some cure time and I add USA. It takes color well and I pour cooler than most but I dont have frosting issues :-) Tried 464 and while I really liked it, it was a pita to wick for me. If I had stayed with that wax, would've gone colorless because of the frosting...did not use additives with it. Never tried the 135 only the CBA...beautiful wax, lousy ht...hth