yellow coconut oil

Shar

I order my 76 degree coconut oil from Soapers Choice and it's always white, this time I got 3 7 lb. bottles that is yellowish in color. Have any of you received the yellowish kind before? Tia..

post-13786-139458498329_thumb.jpg

the one on the right is from my latest order last week, and yes it has melted. I had them on a shelf side by side. Strange isn't it that there's such a big difference in the color. I had been getting coc oil in 50 lb. buckets, but last 2 orders have gotten jugs.

I agree that is definately more yellow. Have you tried to call them?

no haven't called them, just noticed it last night and figured they were closed. I made soap with it and soap turned out fine so it should be okay.I only used it as 10 % of the recipe though and used palm kernal oil flakes as well.

I did call to make sure there wasn't a mix up, and gave them the code and was told that it is indeed coconut 76, and that it probably melted during shipping and that it isn't unusual for it to turn yellow when melted. I feel relieved now,lol..Soap didn't discolor , just cut it and turned out great so all's good:)