Printing round labels?

bravo5

Anyone have luck with getting 2.5" round (Avery 5294) labels to line up and print correctly? I am currently using PrintShop 20 and having no luck with their built-in template for these labels, they're printing way off. The right-most column of labels on the sheet is the closest to being lined up okay, and it just gets worse toward the left columns. Up and down it's lining up better, but still not correctly.

I have used different printers with the same results. I think the template in the software is just way off. Any luck with other software?

Thanks soooo much!!

In Print Shop, just make up your own custom template (Tools, Custom Paper Wizard, Create New), that way you can adjust the margins and spacing to whatever you need.

Are you using Avery brand? Or a copy? It's not unusual to find differences in the same template from vendor to vendor, and even from order to order, so the custom template is a lifesaver. HTH.

Thanks everyone.

I have tried custom templates in the past, but hadn't so far for the round one. I ran into a bug with the custom templates for labels too- I'll set it all up, then save it, and when I go to use it, it's just a blank 8.5 X 11 page. :mad: I got around this by saying it was a postcard or something other than labels, but it's just frustrating.

I'll try playing around with the custom templates, but also I'm going to try the Avery software.

Thanks!

... I ran into a bug with the custom templates for labels too- I'll set it all up, then save it, and when I go to use it, it's just a blank 8.5 X 11 page. :mad: ....

OH OH!!! I can help you with that one, little (undocumented) trick I learned after beating my head against the wall with the exact same problem.

First, create your custom template to your liking, name it and save it. Then from your Project Picker, open up a new label and then choose the name of your new template, then Start from Scratch and click OK. Then up on the toolbar go to Edit, down to Choose Label Stock, and select (again) the label template you designed, then OK. That shape should now show on the screen.

Another thing you'll have to do: once you've designed and printed your label, if you decide you want to tweak the template a bit (like margins or spacing, etc)....then go back to your Custom Paper Wizard and make your changes and save. THEN, you must go back to the toolbar and click Edit, down to Choose Label Stock, and select SOMETHING OTHER than the one you want to use (it makes it easier if it's something similar in shape). Then go back and do that again only THIS TIME select YOUR custom template that you really want to use.

I can't explain why, call it a bug, but it's the only way that your file will then actually READ the changes you made to the template. If you don't do this, you will adjust your template, and print and adjust and print and never see any changes and you'll drive yourself nuts wondering why nothing is different. (I have the scars to prove it, lol). You'll need to do this every time you make a change to any custom template.

I know it sounds like a PITA, but once you've done it and see the results, you'll understand what I mean. It only takes a couple seconds to do.

This should solve your problems.....HTH.

You ROCK!!! :bow: I have gone nuts with the custom templates recently, I'll try this out the next time I need a new one!!! :highfive:

OH OH!!! I can help you with that one, little (undocumented) trick I learned after beating my head against the wall with the exact same problem.

First, create your custom template to your liking, name it and save it. Then from your Project Picker, open up a new label and then choose the name of your new template, then Start from Scratch and click OK. Then up on the toolbar go to Edit, down to Choose Label Stock, and select (again) the label template you designed, then OK. That shape should now show on the screen.

Another thing you'll have to do: once you've designed and printed your label, if you decide you want to tweak the template a bit (like margins or spacing, etc)....then go back to your Custom Paper Wizard and make your changes and save. THEN, you must go back to the toolbar and click Edit, down to Choose Label Stock, and select SOMETHING OTHER than the one you want to use (it makes it easier if it's something similar in shape). Then go back and do that again only THIS TIME select YOUR custom template that you really want to use.

I can't explain why, call it a bug, but it's the only way that your file will then actually READ the changes you made to the template. If you don't do this, you will adjust your template, and print and adjust and print and never see any changes and you'll drive yourself nuts wondering why nothing is different. (I have the scars to prove it, lol). You'll need to do this every time you make a change to any custom template.

I know it sounds like a PITA, but once you've done it and see the results, you'll understand what I mean. It only takes a couple seconds to do.

This should solve your problems.....HTH.