berts cool water

Shar

I got mine from Cierra. Exact dup IMO. HTH

Thanks a million Judy! I've tried so many but none have been the same as hers. I've been mixing what little bit of bert' s that I have left with Cajun's cool water. I recently ordered some from BB, too and though it smells good it's still inferior compared to berts. I sure wish she'd get back in the business. Thanks again, gonna try out Cierra's version:-)

I love cool water. It smells the closest to a best selling FO I used to use from C&S called Sandy Stones. When SS was discontinued I was frantic to find a replacment. Cool Water is similar enough. Now I am on a hunt for the best CW. I have been using the one from C&S so I don't know how it compares to others but it is nice! I add a bit of patch to it to give it some earthiness.

I love cool water. It smells the closest to a best selling FO I used to use from C&S called Sandy Stones. When SS was discontinued I was frantic to find a replacment. Cool Water is similar enough. Now I am on a hunt for the best CW. I have been using the one from C&S so I don't know how it compares to others but it is nice! I add a bit of patch to it to give it some earthiness.

Thanks Candybee, I may have to check out C & S version too then. Looks like I'm turning into the cool water fo ho I have so many different cool waters!lol..I have a few customers that only want the bert's version and trying my best to make them happy, and I too loved hers. I did some research and BB's and MC's have about the same fragrance notes as Bert's does but I got both of them and nope. I recently blended both half and half in a batch of soap, it will be cured next week and though it's not exactly like Bert's, I really likt a lot, just hoping my customers do as well.

Just as an added note - Cierra's is CoolWater(Mens) and runs $23.95 a pound. Bert's was a true bargain in comparison. But the demand is there for that version and my increased sales more than cover the cost.

Can't wait to try it out, Judy! I ordered it yesterday and they have already emailed shipment notification:-)

let us know how it is for you...what your impression is..

i am needing some pretty quick..

I definitely will, as soon as I get it I will post how it compares oob to Bert's. I sure do hope it works out, cause I've sure spent a lot of $ trying to find a replacement. I really do like the blend I mentioned (1/2 BB 1/2MC), tried it in the shower last night and its really nice and a skin sticker. If none of these others are satisfactory then I may just go with this blend and maybe tweak a bit since the BB version is stronger than MC's, and I do still have a little bit of Bert's left too for blending.

The large bars of this blend are not quite cured yet, but took one bar to the market this weekend to ask customers opinion how it smells and all were positive reviews, unfortunately none of my previous die hard Bert's cool water customers were there.

My Mom just come by to visit and she's a die hard Bert's Cool Water lover. I got out all the cw fragrance bottles and side by side oob sniff the BB and Bert's are very very close in comparison. I just hate to pay $44/lb though. I sure hope some of these less pricey cw samples will compare. Millcreek is very weak oob to them and doesn' t smell the same. Hth..

I need to take back what I posted earlier about BB's cw dupe being inferior. It is very strong!! Almost nose hair burning, just like Berts. I guess my sniffer wasn't working so well that day and had been smelling lots of fragrances, and tonight I haven't. Mom said, it's just as strong as the bottle of Bert's. She said no wonder it's so expensive.

I received my bottle of Cool Water today from Cierra ,and Judy is correct! I can't thank you enough, Judy!:-) Cierra smells identical to Berts version imo. too.. I even got out the coffee beans and have compared several times now, so this will be my go to supplier for cw from now on. I would sure like to buy more fragrances from Cierra if any one knows of any other must haves from them. Shipping was super fast too,I am so impressed with my first order. I am soooo happy, and this has made my day, Judy! Thanks again!!!

I received my bottle of Cool Water today from Cierra ,and Judy is correct! I can't thank you enough, Judy!:-) Cierra smells identical to Berts version imo. too.. I even got out the coffee beans and have compared several times now, so this will be my go to supplier for cw from now on. I would sure like to buy more fragrances from Cierra if any one knows of any other must haves from them. Shipping was super fast too,I am so impressed with my first order. I am soooo happy, and this has made my day, Judy! Thanks again!!!

sounds exciting..be sure to post how it cp soaps..A & D

I know Berts was a pita to work with on the A..but was so worth it..

Absolutely, hopefully if all goes as planned I'll be soaping tonight and I'll be sure to post how it behaves and smells.. I agree with you about Bert's and I always would turn on the exhaust fan whenever I soaped hers too,lol..

Just got through soaping four 4 lb. batches tonight and Cierras Cool Water was the first, I used my hard bar recipe, which the iodine number is 52. 70 % hard oils soaped around 120+ degrees at 1 oz/ppo...I added some coconut milk also, sodium lactate, Kaolin clay, td and did an itp swirl using some ultramarine blue, and it didn't give me any problems..My recipe always traces quick anyways, so I work like lightning and I did use the stick blender so I don't see this fo causing any problems very little discoloration if any as far as I can tell. I like to gel my soaps in a warm oven and have already taken it out to cool. No cracks either, and smells Amazing and strong and will definitely be ordering more in the future..Dh just took a whiff of it and said, "It's off the chain good!"...

that sounds wonderful..

keep us posted on the D..

I have enough of Berts to make one more batch..

then I will be ordering me some..

just cut it, and it's discoloring like Bert's did..light purplish gray hue , now I did pour some in a sample mold, which did not gel and it's staying white except for my blue swirlies..hth..

just an update on my curing bars of Cierra's CW....Smells Great! It is my replacement to Bert's CW, and have already ordered 2 more lbs..It has been such a long time since I made a batch of Berts CW without it being in a blend..I got her last bottle of CW right before she went oob, and it was only 15 oz...been stretching it and only blending, but If my memory serves me right I think Bert's was more potent in strength than Cierra's version in soap, so I would suggest definitely using 1 oz/ppo in cp.