m & p supplier preference

Sharon44

Yep, it's a brand. To my knowledge (I'm new with m&P too though) all of Peaks is SFIC. What I did when deciding on where to get my base was compare ingrediants - this told me what other suppliers carried sfic too so I could price compare. There are other good bases out there too - it's a matter of personal preference (like choice of wax!) For me, the sfic works the best....

I use the low sweat too - we have high humidity in Ks - and I add different things like goats milk or shea depending on the 'recipe' I'm making.

Edited by ksranch

I use the low sweat base and have been able to add 1/2 cup goat milk along with 7-11 other ingredients in 2 lbs of base. I found by heating the additives together up to 150 degrees before adding to base helps them incorporate into the base.

Also use their oatmeal base and am able to add a lot of goodies to that as well including a lot of pre-soaked old fashioned oats and 1/2 cup GM.

I am using the one from the co-op now but have also used BB. They seem to be the same or comparable to me.

Edited by jeanie353

There are several good M&P suppliers; Brambleberry, Peaks, Candles and Supplies, Essentials by Catalina, WSP, The Chemistry Store, just to name a few. Because of shipping I tend to buy local if I can.

For me C&S has my favorite bases, super sudsy and gentle, plus they are local (within driving distance) for me so I save on shipping.