Help With Green Blueberry Muffins

I have a blueberry muffins fo that I love but the oil itself is a yellowish orange color. I really want a light blue candle but no matter what dye or combination of dyes have worked so far...they are always coming out green.

Does anyone have an idea as far as what color I could use to combat the color of the straight oil to get a light blue. Seeing blue is a primary color is it even possible? TIA :)

When I use blueberry cobbler from CS, it has that same yellow color, so much so that if I use navy blue dye it comes out kind of teal. I combat it by adding some purple. Not sure if that would work though if you are trying to keep the tint a light blue. It works for deeper blue.

Edited by deb426

Thank you all for your replys....I'm glad to hear its not just me:)

I have managed to get dark blue with navy liquid dye and also the color of jewls819 with a regular blue liquid dye from c&s but am at a complete impass with getting my desired light blue. It is so frustrating to me that I refuse to add this fragrance even though I love the smell. I never thought of coloring them light brown and adding an embed...that's a good alternative if all else fails:)

Is there anything out there that can effectively mute yellow or orange colors??? I have seen light blue blueberry muffin candles and tarts around at craft shows but of course never wanted to ask them what they did or used for fear of offending them/crossing the line.

• 2 weeks later...
We were having the same problem with Blueberry Muffins but this last time we used a blueberry block dye from Aztec and love the color! I'll get a pic take n and post

I would love to see what kind of color you are able to achieve. :)