New to bb and hobby

Ron

Hello all,

My name is Ron and I am new to this bb and to candle making. My wife thought candle making would be a good stress release for me and less time away from home persuing my other interest, fly fishing and fly tying.

I received as a Christmas gift an inexpensive candlemaking kit offered at one of our local craft stores. I gave it a try and the candles turned out okay. I would like to buy better supplies and tools of the trade, but we don't have a candle making supply store where I live. (San Francisco Bay Area). Any suggestions for a reputable online source would be greatly appreciated. I have looked up a few on line that seem worthy (e.g., Candlewic, Cajun Candle, Peak), but I figure it is best to get recommendation from those in the know.

Hi Ron and welcome to the board and to candlemaking. I'm not sure that you'll find this to be a stress release....most likely you'll find it's the opposite! lol Best advice for candle supplies is to find someplace fairly close to you. Candlewic has some great items however you're going to pay an arm and a leg for shipping. I don't know all of the places nearby for you, but I'd go with Peaks over Candlewic just to save you some cash.

Hey Ron...welcome to the group. Like she said, you need to find a supplier close by to your state because shipping wax is a killer. We've got a couple of members who are from California so I'm sure they'll chime in and let you know where to buy from. Nice to have you join us...hope you like your new hobby. It's going to be a bit more complicated than the candle making kit that you got....they've figured everything out for you...now you'll have to figure things out on your own when you're starting from scratch. It may be a little frustrustrating at first but it does end up being fun once you get things figured out.

Hi Ron~ I too find candlemaking to be very stress relieving (unless, of course like Scented said I'm getting ready for a show, or have a big order to fill) Doing candles and bath and body are my creative outlet, and while sometimes a not VERY creative one, it's the only one I have right now. I LOVE it, and won't trade it in until it becomes more work than fun ;)

Welcome to the board!