Wax Melt Vent

tbowers8403

I'm boggled - simply boggled. Has this happened to you or anything similar?

I'm trying to get some wax melt testers to make sure they scent well for someone else and in a variety of melters. I have gotten two questions:

1) (from my cousin) do you need a melter.

Yes...yes you do.

So I didn't think my cousin was that bright.

2) (from a person on my birth club - Yup I'm about 8mo preggo) Can i put it on my windowsill, it's south florida I am pretty sure it will melt.................................................*shudder*

I don't get it. I guess that is why you should have insurance. I was honestly debating against it since I decided not to go about selling candles.

Edited by tbowers8403

We just got back from a trip to Death Valley. On our way home we stopped in Beatty to have a bite to eat. Inside the cafe/saloon ( wasn't drinking THIS time ;) ) the owners had a small section set up by the pop machine for the usual Avon stuff. I noticed a wax burner and of course I HAD to go look. I thought I recognized it and yep it was a Sentsy and had a no smell tart going. I don't know if the cafe was selling them or they were letting a local place them there but I had to fight off the urge to say something b/c afterall I was supposed to be on vacation and not thinking about work in any way. Now, I have to be prefectly honest in that I've never smelled one (Scentsy tart) before and I'm thinking this "tart" must have been going for a while b/c it has ZERO aroma. This thread reminded me of how people can be so sheepish and un-educated about certain things. I know I'm probably in the same boat as them with things that I know nothing of and I'm sure someone out there is laughing about me. lol.gif The way I figure it this all makes it OK for me to laugh at them (customers) for their dumb (and sometimes scary) questions.

So far, your customer/tester takes the cake TB.

Edited by tlc

We just got back from a trip to Death Valley. On our way home we stopped in Beatty to have a bite to eat. Inside the cafe/saloon ( wasn't drinking THIS time ;) ) the owners had a small section set up by the pop machine for the usual Avon stuff. I noticed a wax burner and of course I HAD to go look. I thought I recognized it and yep it was a Sentsy and had a no smell tart going. I don't know if the cafe was selling them or they were letting a local place them there but I had to fight off the urge to say something b/c afterall I was supposed to be on vacation and not thinking about work in any way. Now, I have to be prefectly honest in that I've never smelled one (Scentsy tart) before and I'm thinking this "tart" must have been going for a while b/c it has ZERO aroma. This thread reminded me of how people can be so sheepish and un-educated about certain things. I know I'm probably in the same boat as them with things that I know nothing of and I'm sure someone out there is laughing about me. lol.gif The way I figure it this all makes it OK for me to laugh at them (customers) for their dumb (and sometimes scary) questions.

So far, your customer/tester takes the cake TB.

Both Scentsy and Partylite melts are crap. My mother bought me a pack of Scentsy melts at a craft fair (yeah, real crafty) and it did not have a throw at all. I used to sell Partylite for a short time (didn't do well) and the scents had a better aroma than Scentsy, but didn't last. What got me making my own was a company that is local and had a stand at our flea market. It was Soy Melts and they are wonderful!! They now have a shop in town but I have yet to go in.