Nothing fancy, but I'm excited!

periwinkle

My second attempt at m&p was okay. I used a shea butter base from Peak. I don't think I like it as much as I liked the LCP base from BB. But I had fun anyways!

post-14063-139458495728_thumb.jpg

Left to right: hot cocoa, strawberries and cream, cucumber melon (all scents from Peak)

The hot cocoa turned out a really light tan color. I wasn't sure how much colorant to add, and obviously not nearly enough. It smells heavenly though. The strawberries and cream smells great. I left half of the batch white, and colored the other half, then poured them into the mold, hoping to get some sort of multicolor thing going on. The cucumber melon smells refreshing.

eta: Please excuse the horrible photography. I didn't have time to set up a nice shot lol.

Edited by periwinkle

eta: Please excuse the horrible photography. I didn't have time to set up a nice shot lol.

Your shot looks good to me :)

I used a shea butter base from Peak. I don't think I like it as much as I liked the LCP base from BB.

What didn't you like about it?

And are you comparing apples to apples? (not being a smartypants just didn't know how to word it better :) )

I like how your soapies turned out and I like the mold too. Good job!

Is the middle soapie two different layers? It looks like there is a white layer on the bottom from what I can tell on the pic.

Edited by tlc

Your shot looks good to me :)

What didn't you like about it?

And are you comparing apples to apples? (not being a smartypants just didn't know how to word it better :) )

I have to try one of my soaps made with the LCP again to be sure, but I think it lathered a little better, and seemed a little more moisturizing to me. I used the same recipe both times.

I like how your soapies turned out and I like the mold too. Good job!

Is the middle soapie two different layers? It looks like there is a white layer on the bottom from what I can tell on the pic.

Thanks! The mold is from Peak.

The middle isn't really separate layers. I poured the mold half full with uncolored soap, then added color, and finished pouring right away (so half my batch was white, and half was pink.) The colored portion sank, leaving a pure white layer at the top of the mold, which pf curse became the bottom of the soap.

A lot of times, something doesn't turn out like you want it to, but that doesn't mean it doesn't do it's job! I think they look fine and I bet they smell , and lather nicely ! (really, isn't that all a soap is supposed to do ? LOL )

Very true!

The middle isn't really separate layers. I poured the mold half full with uncolored soap, then added color, and finished pouring right away (so half my batch was white, and half was pink.) The colored portion sank, leaving a pure white layer at the top of the mold, which pf curse became the bottom of the soap.

Ya, it looks like it has a wee bit of white in the middle of the bar but I wasn't real sure if I was seeing it right on my monitor. I really like the coloring myself. Kinda a nice little surprise there.

I have to try one of my soaps made with the LCP again to be sure

I would be interested to know.