do you reuse fo bottles?

ksranch

Does anyone reuse FO bottles (to make mixes in)?? If so, what do you clean them out with? I know I can buy some emptys, but considering the number I go thru... would rather recycle - but I'm having a heck of time getting ALL the smell out... suggestions? TIA

The glass amber bottles I fill with water and dish soap and let sit for several days. The plastic bottles I haven't tried yet because I figured they wouldn't come clean. I think I'll try the next empty bottle I have though. I would love to be able to put them in recycling.

Amber glass bottles can be used as many times as you'd like. Soak them for couple of hours, rinse out, stick in the dishwasher, and they will be ready for whatever. Caps should be new though for every scent since you can't air those out. Those fancy caps with the cone in the middle, for FOs are a bit pricey, but if you are not planning to ship the bottle (leaking issues), simple plastic cap 400 series will do (20/400, 24/400, etc). 410s fit too from what i can tell, but bottom lip of the bottle gets caught up, not sure how well it seals.

For a short term use of the plastic. Store ground corn cobs or aroma beads in the empty bottle. It absorbs the last of the oils and you don't need any other jars. Also have poured the body and room spray base in the empty bottles to use the last of the scent. I have a couple of scents I can't get anymore that I have added the base to.

Most of my oils are able to be blended in some fashion or another. So I do reuse (since I'm often coming up with new blends) but say if I've got an empty Lavender bottle, the blend that gets put in it usually has Lavender to begin with, so the cross scenting isn't an issue. But that's just me.

Alcohol.......thats all u need to get scent 100% out.

I reuse all my bottles and have been doing it for years.

Even the lids. Depends on the strength of fo. Sometimes you can get away with just shaking the bottle up with a little alcohol or u might have to fill bottle up and let it sit for a day. And flip it over onto cap also so it gets into that...works like a charm everytime. The alcohol is also good for taking the scent off of your hands....HTH...:grin2:

Alcohol.......thats all u need to get scent 100% out.

I reuse all my bottles and have been doing it for years.

Even the lids. Depends on the strength of fo. Sometimes you can get away with just shaking the bottle up with a little alcohol or u might have to fill bottle up and let it sit for a day. And flip it over onto cap also so it gets into that...works like a charm everytime. The alcohol is also good for taking the scent off of your hands....HTH...:grin2:

Thanks! I did NOT think of trying alcohol!!!