The Candle Source wax

Found out the wax they sell for votives, tarts and containers (yes, my beloved wax, lol) is now in pellet form; apparently no change to the formula was made; still a two-pour wax if you use it in containers.

They also sell a wax for container candles only, and it is a one-pour wax.

Both waxes still perform best with zinc wicks. None of their waxes contain soy.

Time to order a little of both and test.... oh, joy! :rolleyes2

from Loren:

for the Tarts or Scent Trays... you will want to use the Tart Wax, that's the same as before... and the New Container Blend is a single Pour that is a little softer only for container Candles... please let me know if you have any questions... and yes, both kinds will come in beads, which are easier to work with...

Jeanie, are you going to order both types of waxes? That's what I'm planning to do. Let's compare results, k?

Am going to get the container...unsure about the tart one. We can compare results...definitely.

Need to go to the website to read on the tart wax. If it is the same as before but only in pellets, I probably won't since my tart blend now is working but would like to try new container up against 125.

Edited by jeanie353

Am going to get the container...unsure about the tart one. We can compare results...definitely.

Need to go to the website to read on the tart wax. If it is the same as before but only in pellets, I probably won't since my tart blend now is working but would like to try new container up against 125.

Jeannie, Loren said the tart wax is the same as before, just not in slabs now.

OK...I'll be staying with what am using now then for that but will order container. Are you getting some container Beth?

Heck, no, lol. I'm *trying* to move to the status jar w/ the 415. Wicking that jar has been a PITA for some reason. I thought it'd be easier, lol.

Jeanie,

I hear you have been testing. How's it going? Please share your thoughts on this wax when you have time. I've been curious.

Thanks,

Lisa

I really like it. Have more CBL125 arriving tomorrow where I'll be doing a duplicate of jars/wicks/FO to see which has better HT. Its going to be close, I think.

Have only used one FO in it so far and that is CS Smoke & Odor Eliminator. It has HT like crazy. HTP, Eco and Premier seem to be working the best so far in both burn and HT. Haven't tried paper yet. That is where I get my best HT from CBL125.

Will let you know as we go along but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it so far. Mine did not come in pellets but I can definitely tell it is not the original container paraffin TCS was carrying. That stuff was rock hard. This is easily cut and reminds me a lot of a parasoy type wax. Oh, almost forgot....I did have one container develop some wet spots. The other two did not. Otherwise, it does set up real nice, has a creamy look and takes color excellent using dye chips.

Thanks Jeanie. Sounds like good stuff so far, good luck!

Your welcome. Yeah, I am liking it quite a bit. Have to go to grocery store later this am so I can make M&P but after that I'll begin testing the two waxes side by side today.