The Candle Source

lmc

I plan on using a 51z in the 12oz. Status jar, no dyes. I forget the FO load; do you remember what Loren recommends? Thank you!
51 might work out ok for your 12 oz Status. Is it 3" diameter? I'm working with LSZ over here so my numbers are like 15, 19, etc.. I'm in the area between 51 and 60 both are doing ok. Forgot to mention this was on a 3" Madison.

HT over here too. No complaints yet except no pellets. At first I thought I got the old stuff too when it was a slab but as soon as you see it you'll know its not. It reminds me of a parasoy in its texture and cutting.

Edited by jeanie353

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, now I've got to order some wax to try. I'm a zinc user, so that's good.

I was going to start testing 4627 or 4630 but was hesitating due to posts about smoking and soot.

I mainly pour the smooth jelly jars and salsa jars 12 oz and 16 oz.

I've looked at their site before and it absolutely drives me crazy.

Does it need a long curing period?

I lit them up the next day and did have HT. I think one could amp it up though by a little more curing. Zincs did burn very nice in it. I had to re-melt so didn't get a full test in. Hopefully today will get them re-made and test the whole way through beginning tomorrow.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but so far she hasn't taken a chunk off my butt (I wish, lol) or head, and I spoke with her several times over the years. Don't know what her deal is but should that happen again, I suggest you point it out to her in no uncertain terms; there's no reason for crabbiness.

Jeanie, are those LSZ from WSP? I never tried them; what do you think of them? Which one(s) would be comparable to a 44-28Z and a 51z ? Thank you!

The Status jar I use is from LoneStar, and its diameter is 3.125"

I'm not liking the Zincs with this wax. The Htps seemed to have more HT. The Zincs burn much better, but can't smell the FO. Can't wait to hear you're results. It could be she speaks in a monotone with no emotion, very flat & abrupt. Just used to friendlier CS. She hasn't bitten yet! I've tried the 51 & the 60 so far. The 51 is coming up short on MP, 60 is working the best in a similar sized jar as yours.

Edited by ChandlerWicks

Jeanie, are those LSZ from WSP? I never tried them; what do you think of them? Which one(s) would be comparable to a 44-28Z and a 51z

I'm looking at these and think a 19 would be a 51 and the 15 a 60. I'm missing sizes now and can't find one that seems to be a 44-24 or 44-28. Or the 15 could be a 44-24 with a number between it and the 19 missing where the 51 would fall in. I don't know where I picked them up. It was awhile back and was one of those things that fell in my shopping cart while stopping to get just one item.........

Guess what? I received the wax yesterday afternoon :grin2:

Poured 3 testers last night, testing the first one today. The testers are the 12oz. Status jar (3.125" diameter) from LoneStar, and the FO is Fairy Garden (MW).

What I am testing now is the 44z wick; 2 hours later there is approx. 1/2" of unmelted wax around the edges; certainly no full MP, but there is still time. I can smell it upon entering the room which is approx. 16x18 with 12' ceiling.

The other testers are wicked with the 51z and the 777.

Guess what? I received the wax yesterday afternoon :grin2:

Poured 3 testers last night, testing the first one today. The testers are the 12oz. Status jar (3.125" diameter) from LoneStar, and the FO is Fairy Garden (MW).

What I am testing now is the 44z wick; 2 hours later there is approx. 1/2" of unmelted wax around the edges; certainly no full MP, but there is still time. I can smell it upon entering the room which is approx. 16x18 with 12' ceiling.

The other testers are wicked with the 51z and the 777.

Ravens.....can you give update on the 777 after you test it pls. Am working on 125 testers right now but do have premiers here for when I get back to TCS. Thinking this wax has potential for even better HT with different wicks. Zincs didn't do as well as expected here either. Tried paper....TCS does not like paper.

Don't you just love the consistency of this new blend and the look of the finished candle?

Ravens.....can you give update on the 777 after you test it pls. Am working on 125 testers right now but do have premiers here for when I get back to TCS. Thinking this wax has potential for even better HT with different wicks. Zincs didn't do as well as expected here either. Tried paper....TCS does not like paper.

Don't you just love the consistency of this new blend and the look of the finished candle?

Yes, so far I am loving everything about it, though I really can't say too much about the throw. The finish is excellent, very creamy. Like you, I believe this wax has great HT potential. Just went to look at the tester, and the 44z seems to be struggling a bit, but Fairy Garden is quite a heavy oil, imo.

I will test the 777 either tonight or tomorrow and let you know.

I think this wax is well worth testing.

Oh, Jeanie, the other TCS wax I use for tarts I also used for containers, and it did not like paper wicks either.

I will test the 777 either tonight or tomorrow and let you know.

Okie Dokie...sounds good.

I should be able to begin testing it again near the end of the week. I'll go another line than you are testing to see if we can find that good HT sooner than later :)

Oh boy:rolleyes2 Jeanie, you may have better luck, but that 777 was horrible, smoked like crazy, no HT. Trimmed it, but nothing seemed to help it.

The 44z started with a bang and then petered out.

Starting #3 tester now.

Oh boy:rolleyes2 Jeanie, you may have better luck, but that 777 was horrible, smoked like crazy, no HT. Trimmed it, but nothing seemed to help it.

The 44z started with a bang and then petered out.

Starting #3 tester now.

Oh oh...on to another wick type. Did you say you tried HTPs yet or no? I'll try those when I get that far if you don't first. I did have trouble with premier smoking in 125 too until I backed the wick way down to like almost under wicked. I believe they are cotton wicks so maybe they are just too hot for these particular paraffins?

Thank you for the update....I will post if I try a wick that hasn't been tried yet whether its good or bad to save others the trouble...or they may have better luck.. but will report.

Update, update, update!

Status jar with HTP 83 - no HT, too small.

Currently testing an ECO 10; will report later.

Believe or not, I have tried this wax for tarts, by mixing just a little bit of a harder paraffin with it; excellent throw with 3 FOs thus far :drool:

Testing continues....

Yours truly,

Ms. Enabler :laugh2:

Update, update, update!

Status jar with HTP 83 - no HT, too small.

Currently testing an ECO 10; will report later.

Believe or not, I have tried this wax for tarts, by mixing just a little bit of a harder paraffin with it; excellent throw with 3 FOs thus far :drool:

Testing continues....

Yours truly,

Ms. Enabler :laugh2:

:wave:Hi Ms Enabler

Didn't know they carried this wax previously. Is good news you got HT from it in tarts. At least we know its capable with the right wick.

I have 2 testers made yesterday so I'll start testing over here. I'll try CD & CDN.

I have Eco 6s in the Madison jar for their 2nd burn. Not sure yet whether they are too big or too small.

I've got one with a CD12 and CD14 both Madison 3". Had HT but only whiffed lightly through approx. 12x14 room. Will be doing 2nd burn in about 3 hours.

May have to cure these for another day or two and see what happens.

Forgot to add...the CD12 did begin to get a little dim toward middle of 1st burn. CD14 initially gained MP a little faster than it should but ended out about 1/2" from edges after 1st burn so may be ok.

Going to swap out CD12 for CD10 and see how that goes.

Edited by jeanie353

Eco's are doing best of all, Jeanie. Well, so far! In the Madi Eco 8 started sooting & carrying on after 15 minutes with CS VV 8%. Eco 6 is doing well so far in some of the FOs. Will need to go up in sizes in others.

Do you have HT Chandler?