new wooden wicks?

GBH - It would appear no one knows or someone knows and just is not going to answer. I have seen these wicks and would also like to find a source. However, I now can't find the candle maker that was using these cross candles. If you have or remember the candle maker's name, please share. Should I find the source, I will let you know...

Woodwick by Virginia Candle Company is offering candles made with the cross-shaped wick (more like a + shape). They will also start offering something called a Ribbon-wick soon. I haven't burned either one of these so I have no idea if it is an improvement on the original, flat wooden wick.

I don't know if these new-shaped wicks are available for crafters yet. I'm sure whenever they are available, they won't be sold by Virginia Candle company, but by someone like Unity trying to reverse-engineer what Virginia is offering.

Woodwick by Virginia Candle Company is offering candles made with the cross-shaped wick (more like a + shape). They will also start offering something called a Ribbon-wick soon. I haven't burned either one of these so I have no idea if it is an improvement on the original, flat wooden wick.

I don't know if these new-shaped wicks are available for crafters yet. I'm sure whenever they are available, they won't be sold by Virginia Candle company, but by someone like Unity trying to reverse-engineer what Virginia is offering.

Here's a video of the Ribbonwick candles and they are beautiful! http://www.ribbonwick.com/ I've never heard of these before.