Disappointed with liquid bath bomb dye

clueless

So I went and ordered every single color bath bomb dye that I had found on this site for super cheap!! I couldn't resist. It is made especially for bath bombs and she had all the colors that BB has....But not the labomb colors...Maybe thats why I'm let down?

Anyways the dye takes way too many drops to get the desired color and by then your mixture is a nasty mess. I have played around and none of my bath bombs are turning out with this liquid dye.

I went and made some bath bombs with good old mica pigments and they turned out perfect and I was able to get beautiful color with the pigment. I'm just wondering if this dye really is meant for bath bombs or if its just being sold that way?

And if it really is for bath bombs what else could I possibly use it for?

Micas make the fresh, unused bombs look nice, but they do contribute to flotsam in the tub and the dreaded ring that customers complain about enough to cause them to not repeat buy.

Liquid Lakes are working very well in my salt and fizzy bath products. Years ago I thought similarly to you about the sharp colors mica provides. I noticed a better overall product, more repeat sales and a sharp decrease in complaints (down to none actually) after changing to dyes.

It sounds like the dyes you purchased were not from BB or TKB and could, therefore, be a watered down variety requiring more per batch. The "super cheap" part gives that away :tiptoe:. You get what you pay for.

Micas make the fresh, unused bombs look nice, but they do contribute to flotsam in the tub and the dreaded ring that customers complain about enough to cause them to not repeat buy.

Liquid Lakes are working very well in my salt and fizzy bath products. Years ago I thought similarly to you about the sharp colors mica provides. I noticed a better overall product, more repeat sales and a sharp decrease in complaints (down to none actually) after changing to dyes.

It sounds like the dyes you purchased were not from BB or TKB and could, therefore, be a watered down variety requiring more per batch. The "super cheap" part gives that away :tiptoe:. You get what you pay for.

I've never heard of liquid lakes. Thanks for the tip!