Do you wash your glassware before pouring?

I wash AND hand dry my glassware. Had too many issues with "clean" jars releasing the wicks. And I dry them to make sure they are nice and bright with no water spot. It can take lots of time, but it is not a waste of my time. Besides, as I'm standing there doing it all, I get some TV watching time in, lol!

I wash in Parson's Sudsy ammonia or Dawn original dishwashing liquid, very hot water, rise thoroughly and place upside down in the dishwasher to air dry. Then I replace the glassware in the box from which it came upside down so it doesn't get any debris or dust inside. When testing, I often just give the inside of the test container a swipe with an alcohol prep-pad... quick and easy way to dissolve any residue left over from manufacturing.

When I have had too much glassware to handle with handwashing, I use a cup of white vinegar in place of detergent and a hot water rinse and dry - but NO rinse agent! HTH