What'd I do wrong ??? :(

blacktieaffair

Ok, Im trying to color 9oz of diamond clear MP from Aztec. I dyed it jet black last night so I know this isn't a fluke block, but uhh..

I've put a TON of BBs liquid non bleeding red oxide in that 9 ounces, and it has barely given it the tiniest of red tinge. No color, its just barely off white. It's solidified again in the measuring cup and didn't change. Now, I realize the bottle might have needed shaking. I shook both my arms off.. nope, nada, nothing.

HELP! please :confused:

I tried calling a while ago, They will be open now so I think I'll call back. Looked on the site already ( thanks though for the suggestion) . I was kinda leery of the liquid oxides but after using three of the four I got, and to achieve the darkest black with only 5 drops, a midnight blue with 5 drops, I would have figured I'd have least gotten off the pink tinge by 30 drops. No joke, we counted them. Added up to 30 in between shakes.

Ok, it's actually the soapqueen.com site that it's on. Here's the link to the tutorial. She uses a mix of non-bleeding red and a mica. She says it's the best red she gets. Notice she uses 45 drops of that non-bleeding red since it's such a big batch.

http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/melt-and-pour-soap/cool-yule-peppermint-loaf/