Button Art

GailC

I went way overboard last summer and bought pounds and pounds of buttons off ebay, plus got a bunch of my Mom's old buttons. Now that I'm no longer making button necklaces, I wanted to figure out something else to do with them. I found lots of various kinds of wall art with trees, using buttons for the leaves. Since I cannot draw, I didn't want to attempt to paint a tree with bare branches. I used a photo I took at Brown County Indiana. I was sitting on a bench and looked above me where all these bare branches were swaying in the breeze. So I took a picture. Changed the color to sepia for this attempt at button art.

post-11206-139458492884_thumb.jpg

Thank you; I wondered what people would think of them. I took all the photos I'm using, so I don't have to worry about copyright laws. :)

I just finished one and am working on another. My neighbor bought the butterfly one for her little girl, whose favorite colors are purple and yellow.

post-11206-139458493167_thumb.jpg

post-11206-139458492901_thumb.jpg