Got over my fear of lye.. and took the soap plunge!!

lauramw71

Candybee, you inspired me to finally make my first soap! I used the one you posted as your first, except lowered the olive oil and added cocoa butter. I did it HP, so it took dang near all day. But, I don't have anywhere to cure CP soap so it was HP for me. I love it!

Now I wanna cut this bad boy! I used the silicon loaf mold from the recent co op, and Pineapple Orchid FO. I don't even have any colors yet, so it's uncolored.

Should have seen me shaking while measuring the lye. HAHA I had to use two hands because I was shaking so much. Feel MUCH better now that I have my first batch under my belt. Can't wait for it to be ready to try out and see if I like it.

Thanks for all the inspiration I've gotten from here!!!

Laura

:yay:

Congrats on your 1st batch Laura! I know I was nervous enough I couldn't eat the rest of the day I was so nervous and anxious. But everything turned out fine as yours will too I'm sure! Today I made my 2nd batch, a olive oil and castor oil 'bastile' soap. I wasn't nervous the way I was on my first so I'm sure you will feel better next time too!! Please show pics!!