Anyone ever use...

blacktieaffair

SoapSupplies.net or Oregon Trails Soaper Supplies for non bleeding colorants? Or for anything for that matter. I've tried doing a search on the boards but I think it's messed up, it was pulling up all sorts of things that had nothing to do with what I typed in the search field.

TIA

Edited by blacktieaffair

Thanks Pam! I am just so blasted confused over all the different options for colorants, non bleeding and bleeding, then when I thought I might have figured it out a LITTLE , I get confronted with , you have low ph etc for mp and not for cp and some colorants work in this and not in that and right now? I want to pull out every hair in my head. I've read everything I can get my hands on, on the boards and in the books I have, and Im so confused now LOL. Maybe Im over thinking it, I dunno.

Oregon Trails stuff is great. Have not used their colorants but their FO's are to die for and I do order some oils & butters from them. Great customer service too.

Pam...do you recommend the FOs for both candles and soap? I do have a list in progress for them since you mentioned their site earlier this month. I'd get some FO samples if they can be used for both.

TIA

Thanks Pam! I am just so blasted confused over all the different options for colorants, non bleeding and bleeding, then when I thought I might have figured it out a LITTLE , I get confronted with , you have low ph etc for mp and not for cp and some colorants work in this and not in that and right now? I want to pull out every hair in my head. I've read everything I can get my hands on, on the boards and in the books I have, and Im so confused now LOL. Maybe Im over thinking it, I dunno.

Gee thanks BTA....I thought coloring would be the easy part. :shocked2::laugh2:

LOL it probably is but ok, here is how my day has went. I have read everything on the board I can, and I can think of 9 different sites I was looking at, today alone, comparing prices, shipping, color types, color options, what bled, what didn't, what was low ph what wasn't.. and I had most of them pulled up at once, and to say my head hurts.. big understatement. I want to order (within reason) as much as I can at once, not only to save on shipping, but the more options I have, the more I can test, tweak and become accustomed to.

LOL it probably is but ok, here is how my day has went. I have read everything on the board I can, and I can think of 9 different sites I was looking at, today alone, comparing prices, shipping, color types, color options, what bled, what didn't, what was low ph what wasn't.. and I had most of them pulled up at once, and to say my head hurts.. big understatement. I want to order (within reason) as much as I can at once, not only to save on shipping, but the more options I have, the more I can test, tweak and become accustomed to.

I did that last month with soap additives. Had maybe 10ish tabs up. Kept going back and forth to try to find the sites that carried the most products I wanted but then tried to compare prices at the same time. Yes, headache...big time! I'm not doing it again on the color thing....lol. Going to follow the threads and copy someone. :)

Pam...do you recommend the FOs for both candles and soap? I do have a list in progress for them since you mentioned their site earlier this month. I'd get some FO samples if they can be used for both.

TIA

A lot of their FO are geared to soaping but the ones that I've found to have great HT are:

Egyptian Dragon

Egyptian Musk

DragonFire

Absolutely Oakmoss

Cherokee (subtle but nice)

White Butterfly

White Witch

There are more that I tested in pillars that were just so-so but would like to try them again in my 4630 containers. DragonFire & Ab. Oakmoss are pricey but strong so less was needed. (can you tell I like earthy scents..lol)

A lot of their FO are geared to soaping but the ones that I've found to have great HT are:

Egyptian Dragon

Egyptian Musk

DragonFire

Absolutely Oakmoss

Cherokee (subtle but nice)

White Butterfly

White Witch

There are more that I tested in pillars that were just so-so but would like to try them again in my 4630 containers. DragonFire & Ab. Oakmoss are pricey but strong so less was needed. (can you tell I like earthy scents..lol)

TY much...have them written down. Didn't know I was drawn to earthy scents until I tried CC Fallen Leaf that is on the earthy side. Then tried another and finding I love them. I burn them in my computer room to relax and enjoy....when am not testing fruits, bakery, etc., etc.