Igi 4625

OK, I got the wax in and poured a small batch last night. I'm having the same problem with 4625 as I did with 4794.

It's difficult getting the votives out of the molds. I'm heating to about 185 and pouring into warm votive molds. Does anyone

know why they will not release easily from the molds, and yes, they are clean.

Frustrating!!

As for the throw, I burned a votive this am that was made last night and the throw is good. Water Blossom from BCN @ 7%

OK, I got the wax in and poured a small batch last night. I'm having the same problem with 4625 as I did with 4794.

It's difficult getting the votives out of the molds. I'm heating to about 185 and pouring into warm votive molds. Does anyone

know why they will not release easily from the molds, and yes, they are clean.

Frustrating!!

As for the throw, I burned a votive this am that was made last night and the throw is good. Water Blossom from BCN @ 7%

What votive molds are you using? I use the metal ones that will cut you fingers if you are not careful and wick pins. When cool, my 4625 votives usually slip out when I pull on the wick pin. Sometimes a rap on the bottom with something (pair of pliers, small hammer) is needed to break the seal. Occasionally, one will need a short refrig treatment (not freezer). After a few uses I don't even use mold release any more. IGI-4794, the votive wax always seems to need a cooling in order to get a good release.

I do use the metal molds and have a steady supply of band-aids!!! They cooled over night and my workshop was cool when I went in this am. I will try the wick pins to see if that makes a difference. (oh how i miss my ok6228 :-( )

Sharon....What rjdaines said is what I found to be the same here. Only difference is I don't heat the molds. Don't know if that would make a difference.

I use the same as rjdaines - metal molds room temp & wick pins - don't have issues popping right out (so long as I'm patient and don't try to get em out early! lol )

sorry for stepping on ya ksranch....was typing when you posted. We pretty much said the same thing.

I warm the molds for appearance. No jump lines etc. i will try it at room temp also.

question about using wick pins.....do you need to wash them before pouring a different fragrance?

I don't... but if you feel more comfortable..... If there is wax residue from previous fragrance I scrape it off with my fingernail or plastic wax scraper if its on the mold itself.

If I find jump lines beginning, I'll try warming the molds in the future. Haven't poured votives for about a month but will be doing them again in Feb.

The pins I have are concaved. Wax gets underneath them when you pour. Are there pins with a flat bottom? I know there will still be some wax underneath, but I'm thinking maybe not as much.

My pins bottoms are flat, a little wax does get underneath. As I think about it the more I think that pouring the wax hot into root temp. molds is a possible solution to get a good shrinkage on the wax. I assume that you are doing a second pour as well. If you are, make sure that the new wax stays on the tops and doesn't refill and pulled-away areas on the sides.

I use the metal molds with wick pins and don't have a problem. I like the molds a little warmer than room temp and usually hit them with the heat gun. At times, I've sprayed a paper towel with Pam and given the inside of the molds a little rub but don't really find this necessary.

The pins I have are concaved. Wax gets underneath them when you pour. Are there pins with a flat bottom? I know there will still be some wax underneath, but I'm thinking maybe not as much.

Mine are concave and I do sometimes get a partial light ring underneath. It doesn't affect the votive it just happened in but it does for the next batch if I don't scrape it off. That is where I just use my fingernail.