Low Sweat M&P prone to breaking?

ksranch

Do you mean the blocks look brittle? Because yes, I did notice that also. However, as soon as I added some goodies and FO, it becomes a very soft bar. The appearance of the soap completely changes. Before melting and adding the nourishing ingredients it looked a bit dry and brittle, but it never crumbled or anything like that. I even found a brick I didn't wrap tightly, and it was just fine when I melted it. HTH

1st - I am SO a newbie with soap

but I made 2 batches yesterday, and although I know where I messed up trying to swirl... when I went to cut them up to remelt they "crumbled" when I cut them up... I think I'm going to stick to candles... :laugh2:

Have any of you ever mixed the low-sweat base with another base? I have 80 pounds of soap from EBC that seems much "sweatier" than the SFIC goat's milk and oatmeal I've tried in the past. I wondered if mixing some of the low-sweat SFIC base with some of the "sweaty" base would help with the sweating and work okay.

1st - I am SO a newbie with soap

but I made 2 batches yesterday, and although I know where I messed up trying to swirl... when I went to cut them up to remelt they "crumbled" when I cut them up... I think I'm going to stick to candles... :laugh2:

Okay, maybe I got it too hot - and I know I poured it too cool - it was a mess. I'll go try another batch...

Been there :) When you get it too hot and it crumbles, remelt it with some added water or glycerin added in. I recently had to do this...works like a charm. I added glycerin to mine. Made a nice creamy bar of soap with lots of lather.