Celestial Question

chuck_35550

I'm using the recommended 1/2 tsp pp of oils and the colors aren't real bright or deep (violet, lemon-lime) and used td 1 tsp pp oils and vanilla stabilizer (1 tsp per ounce fo). For those of you familiar with these colorants; how far can you go before the suds discolor? TIA

Steve

I thought this was a scent question. You might want to ask again under a different heading. I know I've seen color discussed but with the way the search is working you can't find answers that way. I would love to know the answer because I prefer white suds.

Edited by Sharon in KY

Thanka Kitn. I usually td the entire batch to whiten and then color. The soap looks better every day (I'll try to post some pics) and I think its just the weirdness of adding a colorant that initially doesn't look like lemon-lime or purple until it goes through saponification. I did a spoon swirl with the three Mardi Gras colors and it was a lot of fun but everything looked school bus yellow with a puke green when poured, lol.

Steve

I have 3 kits from Celestial and so far they are great. I don't get much of a brown from the cappuccino, so I use cocoa powder for a nice rich brown, otherwise, I'm happy with the colors. When I initially pour the cp, before the gel stage they can take on a whacky color, but turn to the exact color I had wanted after gel stage. hth's :)