Flower embeded with a prayer

Hadir

Very pretty, Hadir! And such a nice idea to light up a prayer. You're getting good at hurricanes!

I used fresh pink camellia petals in one of mine - unfortunately the petals became brown... Purple statice holds its color well, and some rose colors (burgundy) will hold true. Many folks use silk flowers for their hurricanes so the color will stay.

Thank U Alll :))) ..i m soo Happy that u like it :))))...

and Stella1952 u should not use fresh flower ..i dried mine before i used it...:))...u can put it inside a large book for a weeek or more ..

and jaime811 the prayer is an arabic islamic prayer..and says :" Oh God..we ask u ur love,and the love of everyone who loves u,and the love of all works that bring us closer to u, we ask ur forgivness and ur Mercy "

I tried dried flowers, too, Hadir. Only a few kinds actually remained true to their color (mentioned above). The heat of the wax will often cause browning right away; other times it occurs over a period of weeks. Even if they darken, they still look pretty but not as pretty as when the 'cane was first made.

Very pretty. I have used flowers in and on candles for many years. Some flowers hold color better than others. I belong to The World Wide Pressed Flower Guild and Pressed Flowers at Yahoo. If you want to learn how to press flowers these are two wonderful groups to check out. I have been pressing for about 20 years. The Guild charges dues but the Yahoo Group is free.

Donita

Very pretty. I have used flowers in and on candles for many years. Some flowers hold color better than others. I belong to The World Wide Pressed Flower Guild and Pressed Flowers at Yahoo. If you want to learn how to press flowers these are two wonderful groups to check out. I have been pressing for about 20 years. The Guild charges dues but the Yahoo Group is free.

Donita

Donita, you have beautiful hurricane's, too. Love all your flowers.