Diameter of a jar?

This is probably going to be a no brainer question but I have to ask it and find out if I am doing it wrong.

In the past I have been measuring my apothecary jars on the bottom to get the diameter and was getting almost 4 inches.

I am testing a bunch of different wicks right now and almost all of them seem to get a fmp in 3 hours.

I wondered to myself...self, perhaps this jar is not 4 inches lol

I took a measuring tape on the inside of a full jar of wax, measured from one end to another and got 3 5/8", not 4.

Any thoughts?

What wick, wax, and FO load are you using? I ask because I think I've read comments that others can't get an FMP in a 4" apothecary jar with just one wick. Are you double wicking?

EL Container wax, 7 % FO, HTP 104 double wick for this tester I am inquiring about. I have unsuccessfully tried to single wick this jar using RRD55, LX 24, LX 26, LX 30, Peper 62-52-18P, Paper 60-44-18P, CD 20, CD 22, HTP 1312, HTP 1212.

No success with any of those wicks for single wick testing :(

I have unsuccessfully tried to single wick... No success with any of those wicks for single wick testing

What do you mean when you say "no success"? From what I read, you are getting FMP in 3 hours (too quickly for a 4" container most likely)... If you explain your difficulty more clearly, perhaps we can be of more assistance... Photos to illustrate the difficulty, if possible, are always helpful...

As far as measuring the container - the inside measurement is what is relevant, not the outside measurement. I don't consider a 1/8" difference (3 7/8" vs 4") to be critical, however. What is the height of your container?

All the tester's I am doing now are all double wick and getting fmp in 3 hours. Every single one of the single wick test's I burned 4 hours each time and left about 1/4 to 1 inch hangup all the way to the bottom of the jars.

I was going to start a new thread as soon as all the candles have finished testing with the results and get everyone's insight. Should be a few more day's still.

What is the height of your container?

Here is what the supplier has listed for my 8 oz apothecary jar.

2 3/4" h

mouth opening 2 7/8" diameter

Jar 4" diameter

Now, when I have this jar full of wax, the inside diameter of the wax is 3 5/8".