CS CSN Wicks

Hello, hoping someone can give me some help. The Candle Science site seems to be down right now so I can't email them. I am using their CSN 26 wicks in a 4" whisper jar and it works well for some oils but not others, so I want to wick up but this is the largest one in the CSN series, so I'm wondering if anyone happens to know what the equivalent to the CSN 26 might be in another series (CD, CDN, HTP, Eco) so I could go to the next size in that group.

Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!

I use both of those waxes but not together and have not been about to single wick either of them in a 4" container using CD, LX, or HTP. I can get close to a FMP but by then the flame is so larger and flickering that it's unattractive and a soot machine. Double wicks seems to be a better option for me. Haven't thought about trying CSN wicks.

I'm still trying to master double wicking, I recently bought an EZ wick setter to help but haven't tried it yet. These jars are a little under 4" though so I am fairly sure there is a single wick that will work; like I said for some oils the CSN 26 works well, just need a slightly larger one for other oils.

csn 26 is the largest wick that comes in the csn line (From what I understand) you might want to try a cd26 or 28 . Be prepared for a 3" flame though.

I also double wick 4" containers, you can dial it in much easier with a double wick. Try out a pair of cd 8 or 10's Make a dot in the middle of the candle, and place your wick tabs just left and right of the dot with 1/4" between them (the wick tabs) This should space the wicks at around 1.5"

Edited by 001

Hi 001, yes, CSN 26 being the largest was the reason for my post. Thanks for the suggestions, I will give them a try.

I'm still hoping to find out which wicks in other series are similar to CSN 26; do you think CD26 is a close equivalent to CSN 26?

I don't think so, I think the 22 would be more like the csn 26. In that respect you could try a 24, but I would try a cd22 in the problem children, they burn a little differently than a csn 26

I would try and find someone with cdn 24, 26, 28, and 30 and buy a few off of them. The 30's I would never use inside a home, 3 1/2" tall flames- not good. That is why I ended up double wicking, I don't like flames over 1.5" and even that is the top end I believe is acceptable.

I have used a parasoy that is almost identical to that and I actually liked the eco series in it, I did settle on two eco 8's for it (I used a 80/10 though same waxes) Maybe an eco 16 would work for you? Worth trying for sure.

I'm pretty sure I already have the CD 22 and I definitely have CDN 24 - 28, and ECO 16! I don't mind if I wind up double wicking but I would like to rule out single wicking first. I will try everything you recommended, thanks very much for your time.

Beans are you using a large whisper jar? I used to only do straight 464 but added the 20% 4630 just to help with frosting.

I have also used an HTP 1212 for a larger jar (large Lucida/Elevation) and had very good results.